Cacciatori di Sangue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cacciatori di Sangue

Welcome, dear Coven-Members, to our mansion~

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
**IMPORTANT** New thread rules: All new threads created should have the correct marking placed in its title. These are: [M] = Mature, [O] = Open for all, [F] = Full no more people, [I] = Invited Only and [C] = Closed. Please use them form now on Smile

a quiet moment

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Valora Morgenstern

Valora Morgenstern

a quiet moment Empty
PostSubject: a quiet moment   a quiet moment EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 3:11 am

Valora sat at the piano, cross-legged on the stool, just staring at the white piano. memories flashed through her mind of times she retreated into music to forget, so ignore, the way she closed her eyes so she wouldn't see the blood smearing across the ivory keys

she walked into the small ballroom back at home, having just come from a mission that was particularly brutal. tears streamed down her face, washing away streaks in the blood that had splashed across her face. blood dripped down her arms and hands as she held back her chocked sobs. she flopped onto the stool, pushing up the key cover and began playing a bittersweet melody as she remembered her mission. rougue vampires going around and killing everything that needed to be disposed of....they were all turned and had been children. she had to kill them all. they were beyond hope. and she had to kill the humans that knew of their existance. she was covered in blood, her red hair redder and sticking to her scalp from the blood. her fangs protruded from her mouth and she bit her lip and cried and played

taking in a shakey breath, she closed her eyes and began playing softly, the same tune she played that time, swaying to the music as she uncrossed her legs and began pushing on the pedals
Back to top Go down
Avira Revenwyte

Avira Revenwyte

a quiet moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: a quiet moment   a quiet moment EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 3:20 am

Avira had been exploring again, his mind idle and simply allowing Caterva and Ignis to lead him. The cats were apparently quite bored with simply sitting around, and while they wouldn't say it, quite skittish as well. He still questioned what in the seven hells he was doing here.

Ignis coiled around his legs then leapt to his shoulders, Caterva taking her place winding between his ankles. The black cat's single yellow eye roamed the halls and landed on a new door, quietly leading Avira to it. Avira did as he was asked, though not by words, following Caterva to the door.

Ignis' tail flicked as they entered what seemed to be a ballroom, the sounds of someone playing the piano ringing through the room.

They didn't play badly. But no one played as that one person had, and thus, Avira went unaffected by it. It was something he was glad for. He liked music, but if every tune made him think of memories, he would never be able to listen again.

Caterva jumped into his arms, allowing himself to be held by just one of Avira's arms.
Back to top Go down
Valora Morgenstern

Valora Morgenstern

a quiet moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: a quiet moment   a quiet moment EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 3:29 am

Valora sensed three new presences, and stopped playing. she wasn't one to play in public. looking over her shoulder she saw two cats and a young male with long white hair and violet eyes that looked haunted and mistrusting.

she'd be careful around this young one

good evening.....what are you doing here? i'm guessing from the lack of fresh scents in here that people don't usually come here...and you don't seem the type to come to such places *stands up easily, closing the cover over the keys, trying her best to ignore the blood that stained the keys she knew wasn't there*

she was a little unnerved by the look in the new comers eyes
Back to top Go down
Avira Revenwyte

Avira Revenwyte

a quiet moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: a quiet moment   a quiet moment EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 3:35 am

Avira gazed at the other vampire in the room for a moment.

Pure, female, posture of a hunter, appearance of somewhere in the teens, age much older. He didn't let his guard down even a centimeter around her. This was why he wished he'd looked into the damned mansion before coming.

He turned his eyes from her, feeling no need to speak and rather allowing Ignis to leap from his shoulders and pad off somewhere.

He followed the cat to a tall painting, where she jumped back onto his shoulders as he observed the fine brushstrokes and mixing of colors. One hand rose to pet Caterva to keep him still and calm, in no mood to explain that his cats were far more protective and intelligent than your average pair.

His long white hair almost touched the floor as he tilted his head back to look up further, senses on high alert. At any given moment he could be attacked.

Sometimes he wished he weren't a bounty hunter, simply because constantly being wary wore on him.
Back to top Go down
Valora Morgenstern

Valora Morgenstern

a quiet moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: a quiet moment   a quiet moment EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 3:47 am

Valora was definitely tense around this person...he was pure....and had the countenance of someone who was always on edge and appeared to be a hunter as well. shy, conservative as well.

she watched as the new comer walked over to a tall and rather grand painting.
he didn't appear to be the trusting type...and those cats held a bright light of intelligence in their eyes...she wouldn't upset them

hmm...

getting up, she looked up at the painting as well, keeping her distance from the boy, knowing he'd lash out if she got too close or appear threatening. she worked on making her posture more relaxed and less threatening, trying to kick the habit of her posture from years of hunting and killing.

it's beautiful...

she said this, however, she didn't really appreciate picture art....only music...being caught in a frame seems so......restricting
Back to top Go down
Avira Revenwyte

Avira Revenwyte

a quiet moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: a quiet moment   a quiet moment EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 3:54 am

Avira didn't so much as blink as the other vampire moved closer. She tried to relax her posture, but he didn't even care one way or another. His own posture always appeared calm, lest of course he visibly tensed. Which he did not at the moment.

He did however allow both Ignis and Caterva to the floor, where they began to twine around his legs, watching the newcomer carefully. Avira slid his hands into his pockets, still looking at the painting, pretending he didn't notice their on-edge behavior.

"Lying is unbecoming." he said smoothly, after the woman had spoken. As ever his voice was low, melodic, and just that little bit off-kilter.

Unbecoming but sometimes necessary. Why she felt the need to call something beautiful when she obviously had no interest in it, he wasn't sure. Was it to start a conversation with him? How droll.

Avira's eyes swept away from the painting, around the room again, appearing apathetic almost, though his eyes were bright.
Back to top Go down
Valora Morgenstern

Valora Morgenstern

a quiet moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: a quiet moment   a quiet moment EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 4:04 am

*chuckles* perhaps...though i hold no interest in it......i can't deny its beauty.

as soon as the boy spoke, she instantly heard that this person was someone who wasn't good with contact with others. his voice was low and sounded as if he hadn't used it for a long time. someone who spoke a lot, for example giacinto, had a certain lilt to their words...a kind of finess you could say. she also managed to deduce that this person was not someone to show emotion even in his voice and was rarely suprised by anything. and he had fought a number of times as well...there was an air of a predator around him.

perhaps you're someone who appreciates art? it must be nice to be able to do such a thing...*all she saw was paint forming an image....her idea of art was ways of killing and fighting8
Back to top Go down
Avira Revenwyte

Avira Revenwyte

a quiet moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: a quiet moment   a quiet moment EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 4:12 am

Avira gave the woman another calm look. He knew her type, he had been a hunter long enough. She was one who enjoyed the hunt and the kill. The blood spilled. He did not. Perhaps the hunt held his interest, he was a vampire, hunting was in their blood, but he had no love for killing.

Caterva stopped winding about his feet, halting between him and the other vampire, Ignis on the other side. The black cat's tail flick lazily back and forth, his yellow eye fixed on the unnamed woman.

Avira slid a hand through his long hair, watching the silvered strands slip through his fingers.

"If you wish to speak then speak your mind." he said. "Rather than attempt to hold my interest on topics you have none."
Back to top Go down
Valora Morgenstern

Valora Morgenstern

a quiet moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: a quiet moment   a quiet moment EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 4:18 am

my forgiveness then sir *idly tracing a faint scar on her forearm, flinching at memories* but i feel that my interests wouldn't suit you. you are a fighter and hunter...but a grudging one...i do what i do out of tradition, and have learnt to love what i do....what choice is there.

this boy saw more than he let on...and it irked her slightly.

i am Valora Moragenstern....of the Warrior Vampire family lines *bows her head* ...may i ask you your name? *raises an eyebrow*

she noticed the cats staring at her, and smirked inwardly. she loved cats but was never allowed a pet...and people wonder why she's twisted sometimes and so cold....she was never allowed to be anything but a fighter
Back to top Go down
Avira Revenwyte

Avira Revenwyte

a quiet moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: a quiet moment   a quiet moment EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 4:24 am

Caterva's ears lowered, but Ignis' tail slid around him before he could hiss. He kept his mouth shut, but continued to stare the other vampire down.

Avira was neither impressed by nor particularly interested in Valor's bloodline. Warriors? Killers. Same thing for their kind, and from the smell of her not the kind his family had been.

He, uninterested, saw no point in informing her that he too was from a hunter's bloodline. Only, they more accurately called themselves 'bounty hunters' rather than 'warriors'. And they did not kill lest completely necessary, be it for themselves or humanity.

Avira would never say any of this though.

"Avira Revenwyte." he answered her, and left it at that.
Back to top Go down
Valora Morgenstern

Valora Morgenstern

a quiet moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: a quiet moment   a quiet moment EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 4:34 am

she saw coldness enter his eyes at what she said, and she couldn't help but smile. a good reaction. not the kind of reaction she'd receive from others, looks of awe at her bloodline. and she sense he smelt the blood on her...like she did every day, constantly stirring her thirst up.

she growled at the disgusting idea

clearing her throat, she bowed her head again in respect

well then, sir revenwyte, you are the first person to give a rational reaction to what i am. i have grown sick of the looks of awe at what i do. i'm a killer and reek of blood of innocents...but i do what i'm instructed and what i need to to defend myself *hold her tongue on speaking about her family* for that, i thank you. *looks deep into the boy's eyes* you are a very interesting young man....i take it you see things as they are...rather than through tinted lenses....a rare trait. *looks down at the cats, sensing their protectiveness* i mean your master no harm...

she turned around quickly, hiding the flash of red in her eyes and stopped breathing for a moment...the scent of blood wafted from her hands and her thirst was beginning to get to her...she would control herself like she always has...she won't show weakness and she won't succumb to primitive desires. biting her lip with her fangs, the sharp pain cleared her head a little and her heart calmed down again as the scent of blood and the haze it brought cleared*
Back to top Go down
Avira Revenwyte

Avira Revenwyte

a quiet moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: a quiet moment   a quiet moment EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 4:40 am

Avira looked to his cats.

"Caterva, that's quite enough."

The black cat turned instantly and leapt back into his arms, followed by Ignis who jumped to his shoulders, the two settling there as if nothing had happened.

Avira turned his piercing gaze back to Valor.

"There is no need to thank me for simply not being interested. Bloodlines matter little to me."

Ignis pawed at the scarlet ribbon in his hair today and he ignored her. Though her point was clear; 'you're really not one to talk about bloodlines'.
Back to top Go down
Valora Morgenstern

Valora Morgenstern

a quiet moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: a quiet moment   a quiet moment EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 4:52 am

after regaining control, she turned back to face the boy with her eyes closed and with a blank face

it appears that your feline companion thinks otherwise *brings out a small flask that was attached to her belt* however, it's obviously an uncomfortable subject and shan't say more on the matter *she took a large gulp from the flask and winced at the foul taste...it was a blood substitute fashioned by her family. it was enough that she killed needlessly...she wouldn't be greedy and kill to feed. looking down at the cats, she nodded her head at them. they were nervous around her and she understood that. a great deal of people tend to be and animals were even more skittish around her. she also saw how the cats clung to the male.*

once the blood substitute sated her thirst just a little, she opened her eyes, confident that they'd stay green this time

why grow your hair so long....don't you find it impractical?
Back to top Go down
Avira Revenwyte

Avira Revenwyte

a quiet moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: a quiet moment   a quiet moment EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 5:18 am

This time, Caterva did hiss, and Avira felt Ignis' tail wind around his ponytail. As if he would tell this stranger the reason he kept his hair long.

"That is a matter of opinion." he said coolly.

Caterva turned haughtily back to his master, rubbing against his shoulder to show that he was being good and he was sorry he hissed. If only because Avira had made it clear he wasn't supposed to.

Avira shut back the thoughts about his family, and how much his mother had liked his hair long, how his father would always tell him he was proud to have such a beautiful son.

...No. Bad Avira. Stop. That's quite enough.

He turned away again, long hair swishing behind him. He smelled something like blood, but it did not interest him in the least. Perhaps he would find a blood-slave here, or in the nearby town.... Or simply only go after dead or alive bounties from now on.
Back to top Go down
Valora Morgenstern

Valora Morgenstern

a quiet moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: a quiet moment   a quiet moment EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 5:24 am

ah....she hit a nerve...about what, she wasn't sure....but still.

she winced as her stomach gave a sharp twist....the substitute was rebounding again......

shite

she tried to hold back a retch, and her shoulders hunched up. she could practically feel her eye glowing red. her hand shot to her mouth and she couldn't move as she tried her damnedest to keep everything down. however, her stomach had other ideas and she could feel the substitute coming up her throat against her will as she coughed through her nose, trying desperately to breath somehow as she sealed her mouth shut and leaned forwards on one hand.

i really should drink real stuff more often instead of the substitute was the final clear though she had before her vision went red and coughed everything back up violently
Back to top Go down
Avira Revenwyte

Avira Revenwyte

a quiet moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: a quiet moment   a quiet moment EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 5:32 am

Avira turned on his heel.

A substitute. Not a very well made one, by the looks, as she couldn't seem to keep it down. He'd lived off substitute during a job or two when he was young. This wasn't a new thing to him.

"You should use a better mixture." he said idly. "Animal blood works as a good base. Pig or cow, usually."

He remained, overall, emotionless.

Caterva looked away, apparently not liking the sight of vomit and blood substitute, or at least being disgusted by it. Ignis turned her nose up.

Avira rolled his eyes covertly at them. He had such prissy cats.
Back to top Go down
Valora Morgenstern

Valora Morgenstern

a quiet moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: a quiet moment   a quiet moment EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 5:40 am

c-can't *got to her feet and wiped her mouth, scowling at the mess and shuddered....it wasn't a pleasent site* i'm allergic to animal blood....that's why i've got botchy substitute

she used her water abilities, tipping some water from a bottle onto the floor, and cleaned up the mess, making it all go back into her bottle and shuddered at it

[color=white] ugh......now i'm even thirstier *growls at it...she sometimes hated being a vampire....*'d dispose of the stuff later
looking at the cats, she chuckled lightly at their reaction

[color=white] your cats....they're beautiful creatures and very loyal it appears...what are their names, if i may ask....i got one of them, but what's the other?

she kept her distance, knowing that they weren't all that fond of her
Back to top Go down
Avira Revenwyte

Avira Revenwyte

a quiet moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: a quiet moment   a quiet moment EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 5:50 am

Avira stroked along Ignis' back, making her relax her tensed muscles and calm down slightly.

"He," he murmured, indicating his black cat. "Is Caterva. She is Ignis."

Ignis coiled her tail around Avira's neck.

"I would suggest finding a better substitute, as that one doesn't work. Even if you could keep it down." he said. "I recommend a blood slave."

He turned away again, walking calmly over to another painting to observe it. Ah, he really needed to look into a blood-slave of his own.
Back to top Go down
Valora Morgenstern

Valora Morgenstern

a quiet moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: a quiet moment   a quiet moment EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 5:53 am

Valora's eyes flashed at the idea. she hated slaves of any kind, and she hated taking blood for herself

she put on a mask of indifference

i'll think about it...*turns back to the cats, eyes softening a little as she looked at their intense ones* again...beautiful creatures.....would....um, would it be okay to stroke them?

her tone was uncertain towards the end as she's never asked for anything like that before and acted....something else other than a fighter
Back to top Go down
Avira Revenwyte

Avira Revenwyte

a quiet moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: a quiet moment   a quiet moment EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 6:03 am

Caterva hissed instantly and Avira tapped his nose lightly.

"Not him." he said smoothly. "Caterva is not very... people friendly."

Nor am I.

"Ignis however may allow you to touch her."

Ignis, with great pause, leapt to the floor. She walked, quietly, towards the other vampire and stopped at her feet, giving her a very clear 'wrong move and bad things will happen' look.

Avira watched in silence, sliding his hands into his pockets. This woman obviously didn't know about the meaning behind blood slave. He'd seen her demeanor change. Honestly, it was just a term for someone who willingly gave blood.
Back to top Go down
Valora Morgenstern

Valora Morgenstern

a quiet moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: a quiet moment   a quiet moment EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 6:09 am

crouching down slowly, making sure not to move to quickly, she carefully outstretched her hand, and began petting the creature's head and gointg down her back in slow movements, never taking her eyes off of the feline. she really was a fine cat, and highly intelligent

*chuckles quietly* didn't think anything could be this soft....the softest thing i've ever really felt was leather and cotton...and thank you for allowing me to do this she said to both ignis and avira

Valora, however, was still bristling at the idea of having a blood slave....the ones she remembered where ones held against their will in the dungeons below their house.....Valora would never enter there
Back to top Go down
Avira Revenwyte

Avira Revenwyte

a quiet moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: a quiet moment   a quiet moment EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 6:26 am

Ignis allowed herself to be petted, purring lowly, appreciating the attention. Caterva was bristling, not at all liking the other cat being petted, but that was due to his own protectiveness.

Avira watched calmly, watching to make sure Ignis was comfortable and not in any way upset.

His mind wandered to the blood slaves they'd had back home, so very long ago. Lovely men and women of all ages, save children, all living amongst them and with them. More like servants to a rich human's house, well treated and cared for, welcome to leave at any time they wished.

His mother's father had been a blood slave, he recalled. It wasn't uncommon in his family, after all, who was really closer to you than the one whose blood you drank?

I should really obtain a blood slave somehow....hunting too regularly in this area with draw attention. he thought blandly.
Back to top Go down
Valora Morgenstern

Valora Morgenstern

a quiet moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: a quiet moment   a quiet moment EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 6:43 am

Valora enjoyed the feeling of fur on her fingertips for once, instead of cleaning oil, blood or leather. she began scratching the cat's ears, and noticed that Caterva didn't seem happy with her stroking Ignis.

my apologies Caterva....if you wish, you can come here to protect her, though i wouldn't dare hurt such a beautiful feline *smiles a tiny bit*

the cat felt warm and purred with life...so different to cld and lifeless steel...Valora was stunned by this for some reason, unable to completely fathom the feeling of true life that was currently purring under her hand
Back to top Go down
Avira Revenwyte

Avira Revenwyte

a quiet moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: a quiet moment   a quiet moment EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 7:20 am

Caterva continued bristling but didn't move, as Ignis seemed in no immediate danger.

Avira watched them, unperturbed. He wasn't worried about Valora hurting Ignis. If she dared, he'd rip her hand off. Anyone's hand off, actually.

Ignis continued purring, stepping a little closer. Okay so she wasn't SO bad....She still wasn't too fond of her, but what the hell. She wasn't hurting Avira or Caterva at the given moment.

Back to top Go down
Valora Morgenstern

Valora Morgenstern

a quiet moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: a quiet moment   a quiet moment EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 7:25 am

Valora chuckled quietly when Caterva bristled, but she knew it would take a while to get their trust

how did you come across these lovely felines?

she getnly ran her thumb over the top of ignis's head, and began stroking down her back again
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

a quiet moment Empty
PostSubject: Re: a quiet moment   a quiet moment Empty

Back to top Go down

a quiet moment
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next