Cacciatori di Sangue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cacciatori di Sangue

Welcome, dear Coven-Members, to our mansion~

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
**IMPORTANT** New thread rules: All new threads created should have the correct marking placed in its title. These are: [M] = Mature, [O] = Open for all, [F] = Full no more people, [I] = Invited Only and [C] = Closed. Please use them form now on Smile

A quiet study

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lilim

Lilim

A quiet study Empty
PostSubject: A quiet study   A quiet study EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 3:50 pm

Lilim woke to the ear trembling sound of her alarm clock. She bat her eyes open only to find herself only surrounded in darkness but knew it was much brighter on the other side of her thick curtains. She sighed not really wanting to wake up and do anything but she moved to this school for a reason, to have something else to do. She got up and changed out of her purple silk nightgown into her usual outfit. She enjoyed still dressing like a teenager. She still felt and looked fifteen. She pulled her hair up into a pony tail, her slick bangs fell out and laid lightly on and around her face. She sighed checking her vanity and looking to her bookcase. She knew exactly where she should go.

She grabbed her student ID card and made her way to the door. She locked her bedroom as she went out. Her shoes tapped lightly against the ground below her. There wasn't many people there, ergo no crowded halls or loud noises. As she made her way to the library she couldn't help but notice the vivid patterns on the wall. The mansion was great. It was elegant and just wonderful.

When she got to the library she looked around. She didn't know what she wanted to read or study. But the library was massive and so beautiful, even the old books looked freshly dusted, but still had its old feel. She looked around at all the adventures. She read so much in her eighty years it was hard for her to find something that interested her. She wanted to learn something new, something supernatural. She wanted to study her abilities in telekinesis and get to the science behind it. While she made her way to the books she was looking for she couldn't help but browse.
Back to top Go down
http://desolateroxy.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4hylvl
Avira Revenwyte

Avira Revenwyte

A quiet study Empty
PostSubject: Re: A quiet study   A quiet study EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 3:59 pm

Avira hadn't slept. It was something he was used to and therefore it didn't bother him very much. He'd stayed awake the whole night, not at all comfortable in his new 'home'. Too big, too enclosed and too... Well, too many chances for someone to off him at any given moment.

The morning came, his internal clock informed him, and he rose from his bed. He had not unpacked, though he would be staying in this room, and he had not explored the mansion. Just sat on his bed with Caterva and Ignis and waited.

Now however, his body ached to move and Ignis was restless. Caterva had slipped away somewhere, his dark, sleek fur making it easy to miss him disappearing into the darkness. This left the white haired vampire to rise, Ignis leaping onto his shoulders and settling there in her usual regal way.

Somehow, he found the library. It was one of those times where he just kind of moved, and, therefore, really didn't notice where he was going. He'd find a way back, eventually.

Slipping into the library, he looked around, amethyst eyes darting from shelf to shelf.
Back to top Go down
Lilim

Lilim

A quiet study Empty
PostSubject: Re: A quiet study   A quiet study EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 4:12 pm

Lilim searched for a good fiction book when she felt as if some one else had entered the library. She glanced back through her bangs and surely enough there he was. She studied his features closely form afar. The most she could tell was what he was wearing and- She turned back to the book shelf biting down on her bottom, purple colored lip. She had always loved long hair and his was defiantly long. She hated being to obvious about her likes in a man so she spent a while trying to calm down. She hoped to possibly talk with him and get to know him but was still a bit shaken form her recent behavior. She indeed was still a teenage girl.
Back to top Go down
Avira Revenwyte

Avira Revenwyte

A quiet study Empty
PostSubject: Re: A quiet study   A quiet study EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 4:21 pm

Avira had already taken note of the other vampire (dhampir, his mind supplied) in the room. Her scent was strong, and he was a hunter by birth, he had already analyzed her as not a threat.

Regardless, Ignis hissed softly and curled more tightly about his shoulders. Avira sighed, running a hand through his bangs and looking down at his clothing. Perhaps baggy pants and a loose sweater that fell off one shoulder were a bad choice to make a first impressions.

Besides, with his teenage looks he was just begging for trouble looking like this.

Ignis meowed against his ear and he rubbed her white ear gently.

"Hush." he cooed to her. "There is no threat here."
Back to top Go down
Lilim

Lilim

A quiet study Empty
PostSubject: Re: A quiet study   A quiet study EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 4:35 pm

Lilim smiled as she smelled a cat. She felt her feline gene rush through her at the scent of another cat but decided to keep down. Her being shy herself and already having as she would call "a silly little, pathetic, school girl crush" wasn't helping any. She wanted to say something, anything, well not anything, but she was desperate for conversation. She wanted to make a smooth approach not blatantly walk up to him and start talking. What was worse is that she felt a bit intimidated by his presence. He felt like one of those tough and cool guys who constantly play it smooth and wouldn't want to be bothered by anyone else. But that was just what she was feeling; again mainly because of her sudden crush.

She decided to wait it out just a bit longer, for all she knew he only wanted to get a few books and be on his way.
Back to top Go down
Avira Revenwyte

Avira Revenwyte

A quiet study Empty
PostSubject: Re: A quiet study   A quiet study EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 9:00 pm

Avira idly brushed a and through his bangs, letting the silver locks slide through his fingers and do as they pleased. As usual, they just fell back against his forehead, apparently with no desire to do anything interesting.

Ignis was gone from his shoulders and looking up, he found her high on the shelves, pawing at a book. She always was a good judge of things, and he didn't dare doubt her. Instead, he found the rolling ladder that went along the shelves and climbed it quietly, reaching her level and taking the book she'd been indicating.

An Italian book landed in his hands and he looked it over. Works of Machiavelli... a lost text it seemed, not something he'd been able to get his hands on before.

Ignis jumped back onto his shoulders, apparently content with her work, and he jumped lightly back to the floor.

The other vampire was watching him, but he paid no mind, flicking open the book. He would not talk to them unless he were approached first...he wasn't quite used to people enough for that.
Back to top Go down
Lilim

Lilim

A quiet study Empty
PostSubject: Re: A quiet study   A quiet study EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 7:28 am

Lilim took a deep breath in. She keep her thoughts inside to herself "Ok Lilim. You are not a teenager anymore. You may be immortale but you're 80. That is to old to be to 'shy' to talk to anyone. Stop fawnin gover the silly boy and just say hello." She lightly clawed her book, sitll nervous, and walked over.

Approaching she pulled the seat out as she spoke "Do you mind if I sit here"

She went back into her head for a split second "If he talks we stay, if he seems annoyed we leave him to his space."
Back to top Go down
Avira Revenwyte

Avira Revenwyte

A quiet study Empty
PostSubject: Re: A quiet study   A quiet study EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 8:17 am

Avira had settled at a table, Ignis still curled around his shoulders. Vaguely, he was aware of someone approaching him, Ignis' tail flicking in warning against his shoulder, her bright eyes riveted the newcomer.

A female voice asked him to sit, and he paused, fingers poised on the next page, mid motion. Amethyst eyes flickered up to look at her, white lashes fluttering as he observed the dhampir.

Dark haired, dark eyed, a gothic style, fifteen or so in appearance, small... Not a threat.

He dipped his head in a nod, then looked back to his book. Ignis relaxed, uncurling slightly on his shoulders in a passive 'you may come closer, newcomer' gesture.

Avira's eyes flicked over the book, his mind screaming about agh new person what did he do why was he here whose idea was this- He had to be going insane.
Back to top Go down
Lilim

Lilim

A quiet study Empty
PostSubject: Re: A quiet study   A quiet study EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 10:42 am

Lilim was uncertain now. She wondered if she should have just kept to herself, but if he didn't talk he probably wouldn't meet anyone. She sat. "I'm Lilim." She stopped a made a face to herself. She sighed and brushed her fingers through her bangs.

"L-look... I'm not a very social person. I know the blatantly honesty is uncalled for but I saw you, thought you were cute, then thought on it some more and I shouldn't be fawning over a stranger. So I came to say hi and get to know you because it seems you're new here and thought you could maybe use a friend but if that's not the case then by all means feel free to tall me to leave you."

She made another one of her worried faces and buried her face in her book, a blush appeared across her cheeks. She was a tad bit flustered by her whole situation. She never spoke so much but she couldn't handle the awkward lingering silence.
Back to top Go down
Avira Revenwyte

Avira Revenwyte

A quiet study Empty
PostSubject: Re: A quiet study   A quiet study EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 10:50 am

Avira didn't look up when a name was offered, however when Lilim continued to speak, he raised his gaze. It was common courtesy to do so, and besides, he was quite bored, book or otherwise. Company wouldn't be bad.

He waited for her to stop speaking, pausing for a long few seconds, then returning his eyes to the book. If she was bad with people then he should just live under a rock. ...Actually he kind of did, socially speaking. He had cats. Not friends.

Eventually though, he knew he was being rude.

".....Avira Revenwyte."

His voice came out its usual quiet lilting whisper, off kilter and musical. The product of genetics and too much time traveling the world speaking too many languages to think of.

Ignis flicked her tail, chastising him for being so quiet.
Back to top Go down
Lilim

Lilim

A quiet study Empty
PostSubject: Re: A quiet study   A quiet study EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 11:19 am

Lilim smiled slightly and turned to her book. She got bored quickly with it when she was in the company of another, so she stopped, setting it lightly on the table and leaning her elbows on it.

"You have a nice name." She smiled toward him saying the second part in her head and not to him, "Lovely voice to," after all she didn't want to make him uncomfortable. She glanced down at her painted nails, black, of course, "If... I'm making you uncomfortable or if you're feeling forced to talk to me then please tell. The last thing I want is to scare anyone off." Manners came first for Lilim and she knew how it felt to talk to someone you really didn't want to talk to.
Back to top Go down
Avira Revenwyte

Avira Revenwyte

A quiet study Empty
PostSubject: Re: A quiet study   A quiet study EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 11:32 am

Avira was indeed rather uncomfortable, but mostly due to his own awkwardness rather than Lilim. Ignis wouldn't stop flicking her tail, which made it hard to tell whether she was pleased or about to kill something. Either way, she was still on his shoulders and watching the dhampir. So that was something.

At Lilim's words, Avira mentally sighed. He shut the book gently, laying it softly on the table beside him.

"I apologize m'lady." he said smoothly, still in his soft tone. "I'm afraid I am not particularly of the talkative sort. You shall have to forgive me."

Ignis was gone a moment later, disappearing from the library, no doubt to return to Caterva in his room...or wherever the black cat was.

Avira brushed a hand through his hair, giving Lilim an even expression, his violet eyes fixed contemplatively on her.
Back to top Go down
Lilim

Lilim

A quiet study Empty
PostSubject: Re: A quiet study   A quiet study EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 12:04 pm

Lilim could help but smile at his voice. He was so polite and polite was so rare. "You're forgiven" She flashed her fangs at him in a friendly smile. Lilim didn't quite jump but it did surprise her when the cat on his shoulder had disappeared.

"So... Where'd you come from?" She always wanted to start up a conversation but it was harder then TV made it look. She coped with people by asking silly little questions or just reacting to what they said. She enjoyed being in the back drop in large group events and so forth. Any light was bad light, even spotlight.

Back to top Go down
Avira Revenwyte

Avira Revenwyte

A quiet study Empty
PostSubject: Re: A quiet study   A quiet study EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 12:08 pm

Avira brushed a hand through his long hair, letting the silvery locks slide between his fingers as he stirred up an answer. It was much harder to talk to people than anyone might think. Being someone who had spent so much time traveling and being along, interaction was foreign and dangerous.

He got an answer to the tip of his tongue and managed to speak it, quite pleased with that small triumph, to be honest.

"Everywhere and nowhere." he said mysteriously.

He did not know how much this girl knew of the vampire world at large. He refused to risk giving up his identity by telling her his place of birth. That combined with his hair and eyes was a dead giveaway.
Back to top Go down
Lilim

Lilim

A quiet study Empty
PostSubject: Re: A quiet study   A quiet study EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 12:15 pm

"Interesting..." Lilim smiled. "Hows the scenery everywhere and nowhere?" She chuckled. She could tell he wasn't used to talking which was okay. She wasn't either. She was a shut in all she did was read books and use the computer for more reading and studying. Social media was not her cup of tea.
Back to top Go down
Avira Revenwyte

Avira Revenwyte

A quiet study Empty
PostSubject: Re: A quiet study   A quiet study EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 12:28 pm

"Depends on where exactly that is."

He was being mysterious, sure, but really he was just being the stranger person he was. As usual. It wasn't anything different for him though he was sure it must be confusing for her.

He sat back, crossing his arms over his stomach and watching her quietly, as he always did with people in his company.

Caterva appeared, his slinky black body practically materializing from nowhere as he quietly leapt into Avira's lap and settled there, his single yellow eyes staring icily at the new person.
Back to top Go down
Lilim

Lilim

A quiet study Empty
PostSubject: Re: A quiet study   A quiet study EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 12:42 pm

"Touche. It could be anywhere" She laughed quietly. She skimmed the cover of her book wondering what to ask next, he seemed to have interesting answers.

She looked to the other cat that had appeared. "Your cats... They don't seem to like me" She looked down letting her bangs slip to cover her eyes. She knew better then to lock eyes with any animal unless she was trying to start a fight or intimidate the other and by looking down at her book was the only way to guarantee there was no eye contact. She wasn't sure what she did but she didn't plan on lingering on the thought. She was used to people disliking her as she was used to people liking her. She had seen it all in 80 years, enough time to let the petty things no longer bother her.

Not wanting to linger on it was the main goal so she strayed away from it "I like cats." She traced the books cover, "Its my favorite animal. I can even shift into one if I pleased. They're lovely creatures, they're elegant and graceful."
Back to top Go down
Avira Revenwyte

Avira Revenwyte

A quiet study Empty
PostSubject: Re: A quiet study   A quiet study EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 12:53 pm

Caterva instantly preened as she complimented cats, his back straightening and his tail coiling about his paws. Avira stroked along his back slowly, petting him gently to make him relax some.

"It is not that he dislikes you, rather he's...protective. He is not fond of people in general, not just you."

Caterva's single yellow eyes was fixed on Lilim... Then flicked away, apparently quite done with observing her.

Avira wanted to chastise the cat, he was being rude, but he was in no mood to show any kind of feeling in front of another person. He relented on one point though, deciding it wouldn't hurt to allow her the knowledge.

"I am able to shift into a crow." he said coolly, but ids not disclose his odd coloring.
Back to top Go down
Lilim

Lilim

A quiet study Empty
PostSubject: Re: A quiet study   A quiet study EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 1:37 pm

Lilim nodded and glanced up to check the cats position before sitting all the way back up. "I wouldn't trust people either if I were a cat" She smiled lightly.

"So.. A crow. You fly" She smiled "Hows it like up there? being able to look down on everyone. The views must be wonderful"
Back to top Go down
Avira Revenwyte

Avira Revenwyte

A quiet study Empty
PostSubject: Re: A quiet study   A quiet study EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 1:56 pm

It rarely happened, but like everyone else, Avira had moments when his mouth acted before his mind. This was one of them.

"Lonely." he answered to her question, then instantly wished he hadn't.

He turned his eyes from the young woman, staring over into the shelves of books, jaw tense. He hadn't meant to say that. He'd meant to keep his mouth shut and not reveal such a thing about himself, but now it seemed he had failed in doing so.

To limit the damage, he emotionally shut in on himself, remaining silent and emotionless as possible.
Back to top Go down
Lilim

Lilim

A quiet study Empty
PostSubject: Re: A quiet study   A quiet study EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 2:04 pm

Lilim was taken back by his answer but smiled sadly herself. "Yeah... I know that feeling." She let out a small grunt and lightly shook her head letting her bangs wave. "I mean if you ever need some one I'm here."

She spun the book. "Well I cant say I was completely alone... Books and movies make good friends right?" She tried to clear the air by making fun of her situation. She chuckled "I mean they deceive you like some, make you happy, and all of them don't care if you cry, sometimes they try to make you cry" She laughed.
Back to top Go down
Avira Revenwyte

Avira Revenwyte

A quiet study Empty
PostSubject: Re: A quiet study   A quiet study EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 2:57 pm

Avira thought of the last time he had had a....'friend'. How long had it been? How many years?

"...." he clenched his jaw. "I have...never had a friend."

It was voiced quietly, and his hand shook as it stroked along Caterva's side. The cat turned him and crawled up his chest, rubbing against his chin, not purring, but angry either. He was simply trying to provide comfort.

Avira tilted his head so that his hair hid his eyes, staring at nothing once again.

"I find that I work better alone." he said in a monotone.

Not that he had ever had much choice.
Back to top Go down
Lilim

Lilim

A quiet study Empty
PostSubject: Re: A quiet study   A quiet study EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 3:05 pm

Lilim shot up in awe. "NEVER had a friend?" She stood offering her hand to him. "Well now's your chance to experience friendship. Trust me you'll enjoy it! Its one of the most wonderful feelings next to love" Lilim knew what she was doing and she knew she didn't normally act like this, but she wasn't going to sit down or take it back or fell embarrassed. She felt like she needed to do anything to help and she would never regret being nice to some one else.

"Forget working alone or once, forget working at all. Welcome to the mansion my vampire brother en. Allow me to be your first friend" She smiled wide. She felt alive again for the first time in 30 years. She felt like her normal teenage self. The one who got out and did stuff. The one who drank her frappes and iced coffee and started bouncing all over the place. Not the lonely old women who did nothing but read and watch movies.
Back to top Go down
Avira Revenwyte

Avira Revenwyte

A quiet study Empty
PostSubject: Re: A quiet study   A quiet study EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 3:19 pm

Avira was startled into a reaction, jumping slightly and leaning back. Caterva's ears laid back against his head and the vampire eyed the woman in front of him warily.

Perhaps he should not have spoken. She seemed to be under the impression he were a lost, friendless soul. Not so, he'd had friends, family, someone he loved (a childish crush, but regardless). But no longer.

"My work is my life." he said honestly. "Without it I am nothing."

He did not comment on the offer for friendship however, not sure what to do about it, awkward and wary. This was only his second day and already he was feeling exposed and vulnerable.
Back to top Go down
Lilim

Lilim

A quiet study Empty
PostSubject: Re: A quiet study   A quiet study EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 3:28 pm

"Did you let your work get in the way of your life? Or did you live and then end up dead inside?" Lilim sat. She smiled. Her words may have been grim but she couldn't come down from her euphoria. She got up skipping to the front desk and back with a little piece of paper and a pen. She began writing down all the thing she needed to do to get back into what she used to be.

She stopped and sighed placing the pen back down. She that after this meet and greet with this new person was over so would be her euphoria. She never had the motivation to actually do anything. She was a broken lighter, just a small spark, but nothing else. The flint that was there but with no fuel.

"I'm sorry for the way I acted. Its not like me. You just made me feel young again for a moment. I like to help people and a lot of times I loose control of myself." She ran a hand up her bangs and then shook them back into place.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A quiet study Empty
PostSubject: Re: A quiet study   A quiet study Empty

Back to top Go down

A quiet study
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next