Cacciatori di Sangue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cacciatori di Sangue

Welcome, dear Coven-Members, to our mansion~

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
**IMPORTANT** New thread rules: All new threads created should have the correct marking placed in its title. These are: [M] = Mature, [O] = Open for all, [F] = Full no more people, [I] = Invited Only and [C] = Closed. Please use them form now on Smile

No longer a stray

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Moe Leon

Moe Leon

No longer a stray - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: No longer a stray   No longer a stray - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 1:39 am

"I might be," she giggled, looking up at him with twinkling green eyes.

She shook her head softly, taking the cat from Zeke's arms and setting him and the plate of mashed up cat food down on the table. "Neither have I."

Moe pursed her lips, staring at the kitten as it sniffed at the plate curiously. "I don't even know if I can. Only being half wolf and all."
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel

Ezekiel

PostSubject: Re: No longer a stray   No longer a stray - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 1:43 am

"I have to admit, I am curious about it.
Given the right circumstances I think I could do it, I know physically that I could do it.
But mentally dealing with it is a whole other story."

He sighed in relief as she took the kitten from him and leaned his large frame against the wall with his arms crossed against his chest.
Back to top Go down
Moe Leon

Moe Leon

PostSubject: Re: No longer a stray   No longer a stray - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 1:56 am

She stroked the kittens back as he ate slowly, pushing her hair back over her shoulder idly.

"I don't think I'd be able to deal with a pup..." The woman shook her head softly. "I don't really know a great amount of what its like to be a wolf or live in a pack."

"And, unlike most, I wouldn't be able to help with the Change because I never went through it or witnessed it." Coilean had never let her see anyone be turned into a Lycan.

He said it was a disturbing sight that he'd rather not let her see.

Eventually the kitten stopped eating and curled up to nap.
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel

Ezekiel

PostSubject: Re: No longer a stray   No longer a stray - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 2:00 am

Zeke's body tensed and he looked to the floor as he recalled the night he had been changed.
It was the worst pain imaginable and it was messy, very messy and there was nothing you could do the help someone through the change, it was up to them to survive it.

"It's a good thing you have never witnessed it."
He said, the words catching in his throat slightly, when he was imprisoned there was always someone who was going through the change, the enslaved ones died so frequently that they were always making more. hardly a night went by where someone didn't shriek their lungs out.
Back to top Go down
Moe Leon

Moe Leon

PostSubject: Re: No longer a stray   No longer a stray - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 2:11 am

"...Is it really as terrible as Coilean describes?" she asked softly after a moments hesitation as she picked up the plate.

She busied herself with washing the plate, occasionally glancing back to Zeke or Dabiheid as she washed, dried and put the plate away.

The girl picked Dai up and let him settle against her chest and fall back asleep before taking Zeke's hand and heading back towards her room, looking up at him with a soft smile.
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel

Ezekiel

PostSubject: Re: No longer a stray   No longer a stray - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 2:16 am

"Worse."
He replied simply, he did not look up from the floor until she took hold of his hand, he looked to her and gave her a forced smile.

"It's not something that anyone should have to live through, but it is a part of our existence."
He added, his eyes grew sad as he thought of all the young boys who had died part way through the change, it did not kill then instantly instead it let them suffer for hours.
Back to top Go down
Moe Leon

Moe Leon

PostSubject: Re: No longer a stray   No longer a stray - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 2:24 am

She squeezed his hand.

"I guess... I'm lucky for being born and not turned, then, ne?"

She knew she was lucky in that aspect. Coilean and Aodh and Alek had constantly reminded her when she had been in their pack before.

The girl turned and wrapped and arm around Zeke's waist, stopping dead in the hall as she buried her face in his chest. "But let's not dwell, okay? It happened in the past. Though past experiences may not have been good, they made you who you are today and I'm happy you are who you are."

She pulled away to smile up at him before pulling him down the hall towards her room again.
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel

Ezekiel

PostSubject: Re: No longer a stray   No longer a stray - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 2:56 am

Zeke's mouth twitched upward in a proper smile as she wrapped her arms around his waist.
"Yeah..."
He muttered softly, running a hand through her long hair.
"I'm just glad it didn't happen to you."
He could not imagine her going through that, probably the reason few females ever survived the change.

He followed her obediently to her room, upon entering again he noticed different aspects of the room, like the large stacks of books that sat on every surface.
"Quite the bookworm?"
Back to top Go down
Moe Leon

Moe Leon

PostSubject: Re: No longer a stray   No longer a stray - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 3:05 am

She set Dai down on her bed. He pawed at the soft surface before curling up again.

"Yeah, I do a lot of reading."

Even more so now she was doing some research.

She flitted to one of the chairs occupied by a pile of books about Wyvern and began moving the heavy leather-bound volumes to the floor to free up a space for Zeke to sit.
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel

Ezekiel

PostSubject: Re: No longer a stray   No longer a stray - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 3:09 am

Zeke picked up a few of the books from her dresser and flipped through them, most were about dragon-like creatures.
He looked at the stack and scratched his head slightly.
"What's got you all interested in dragons?"
He asked slightly suspicious, recalling what Taylor had told him about the cold bounty.
It seemed too unlikely that Moe would take a fascination with dragons when there was a chance that Taylor and him would be hunting one.
Back to top Go down
Moe Leon

Moe Leon

PostSubject: Re: No longer a stray   No longer a stray - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 3:17 am

She gave a half shrug. "What's not to like about dragons? I've wanted to see one for years. I have somewhat of a secret obsession with them."

Though it wasn't a lie that she liked dragons, that was not the reason she had enough books on the creatures to fill a small library.

Moe didn't really want to tell Zeke she was joining him on the Cold Bounty.

It would cause necessary worry for the man.

She wanted to put of telling him until she absolutely had to.
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel

Ezekiel

PostSubject: Re: No longer a stray   No longer a stray - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 11:20 pm

"I learn new things everyday about you."

He said with a chuckle and placed the book back where he found it and then took a seat in the chair she had cleared for him.

He scratched his head softly, running his hands through his hair, he felt as though there was more of it, but he trusted Moe to tell him anything he needed to know when he needed to know it.

"I suppose they are quite interesting creatures, definitely frightening creatures."
Back to top Go down
Moe Leon

Moe Leon

PostSubject: Re: No longer a stray   No longer a stray - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 12:12 am

She gave him a little smile as she moved to take a seat on the stool set in front of her vanity.

The girl felt terrible for not telling him about being a part of the Bounty Hunting Group but she didn't want him to worry about her safety. Or stop her from joining them.

She busied herself with straightening out the hair accessories scattered over the surface of the vanity, concentrating on the menial task instead of thinking about the true reasons she had so many books on Dragons.
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel

Ezekiel

PostSubject: Re: No longer a stray   No longer a stray - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 12:16 am

"I fear that I may have to face up against a dragon some day soon.
Taylor has taken up a Cold Bounty and I have chosen to help her,
I can't let that girl get herself fried to a crisp.
She has collected a small group of people with select skills though I thought I could help out with brute strength.
I feel more comfortable knowing she can face this thing with me at her side, I think I owe her one after how badly I tore her up."
He admitted, scratching his arm, he still felt guilty about how much damage he did when he attacked her.
Back to top Go down
Moe Leon

Moe Leon

PostSubject: Re: No longer a stray   No longer a stray - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 12:41 am

She froze for a second before continuing lining up the different pins and barrettes.

"That's very..." stupid "brave of you. Cold Bounties can be very dangerous."

She rarely took on Cold Bounties herself. They were much more dangerous than usual bounties and took a lot of skill. More skill than a girl with only a hundred years experience could take on a lot of the time.

"Taylor-san has a lot of people helping her with the bounty. She should be okay."
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel

Ezekiel

PostSubject: Re: No longer a stray   No longer a stray - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 12:45 am

"Brave has nothing to do with it."
He muttered, blowing a piece of hair from his eyes.
"I owe Taylor, you should of seen her when I attacked, I could of torn her to pieces and I damn near did."
He shook his head.

"That girl has a lot on her plate, and she is family to me now, to both of us.
I wont be letting her run into this thing half cocked, you've seen her recently? She is a mess."
Back to top Go down
Moe Leon

Moe Leon

PostSubject: Re: No longer a stray   No longer a stray - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 12:57 am

"That's not true. You have to be brave to take on a Cold Bounty." She turned her eyes on him. "Most Bounty Hunters aren't brave enough to go for them."

She sighed softly. "Yes, she isn't the best at the moment, I can agree. it doesn't help that she's not getting enough sleep at the moment."

her tongue darted over her lower lip and she smiled. "She has a good team to help her though. She has a Healer, an Elemental, an Assassin and an Assassin in training." She counted each off on her fingers as she listed them. "And, of course, the brute Strength."

"She won't be going into the fight without aid."
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel

Ezekiel

PostSubject: Re: No longer a stray   No longer a stray - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 1:05 am

"Brave or stupid." He said with a softly chuckle

Healer, Raoul.
Elemental, Hellsing.
Assassin, .......
Assassin in training, Jene.
Strength, himself.

"Who is the other assassin?"
He asked, his brows inching together in confusion as he ran through his mental list, Taylor had not told him about another joining their team.
Back to top Go down
Moe Leon

Moe Leon

PostSubject: Re: No longer a stray   No longer a stray - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 1:11 am

She bit her lip.

Shit...

Well she walked right into that one. Could she edge away from this one or would she have to face the light in the form of an angry boyfriend...?

"...Iam," she squeaked in a small whisper, hoping that he hadn't heard.
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel

Ezekiel

PostSubject: Re: No longer a stray   No longer a stray - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 1:42 am

Zeke's face changed, the smirk that he usually wore melted away, his bright silver eyes dulled as his gaze fell to the floor.

Who's the other assassin? ...I am.

That was the last thing he wanted to hear.

He stared at the ground as his shoulders slumped, his breathing slowed to shallow breaths as he sat deadly still in silence as he processed what she had just said.
Back to top Go down
Moe Leon

Moe Leon

PostSubject: Re: No longer a stray   No longer a stray - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 1:55 am

She bit her lip, shoulders tensing as she waited for the explosion.

It didn't come.

Hesitantly, she looked up at him through the vanity mirror so see his reaction. Straight faced and staring at the floor. Not a good sign.

The girl stood from her seat and inched her way towards him.

The calm before the storm, her mind warned her as she crouched in front of the silent man. "Zeke?"
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel

Ezekiel

PostSubject: Re: No longer a stray   No longer a stray - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 2:25 am

Zeke bit his bottom lip harshly, burying his sharp canines into the soft flesh until it bled.

No.

Was all he could think, Moe was so young, and yes should could take care of herself but against a dragon?! Zeke's body shook in silent rage, how had Taylor allowed this.
As much as Moe hated it, he needed to protect her, for her safety and his. He had made a promise to Coilean and Alek to do so.

How could she be so foolish, always placing herself in dangerous situations.
"Idiot."
He replied in a stern but almost silent voice, the words forced their way out through his clenched teeth.

He could not stay here, he could not look at her.
He rose to his feet and rushed to the door, slamming it behind him and almost throwing it off its hinges.
He had to get away from her before he snapped and did something he would regret, he could not refuse to let her join in the bounty, it was her life to live and he had no right to impose rules upon her.
But that reasoning did not quell the rage he felt at the girls foolishness.

Before she had the chance to stop him he sprinted down the halls, his clothes tearing from his body as he transformed while descending the staircase.
He could not control himself enough to be able to hold out on changing until he got outside, instead his large wolf form ran through the entrance the out the door.
Back to top Go down
Moe Leon

Moe Leon

PostSubject: Re: No longer a stray   No longer a stray - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 3:01 am

She reached out when she saw the crimson spill over his lip, intent on wiping the blood away.

But he was up and out of the door before she could even touch him. "Zeke...?"

She cursed silently when he slammed the door and took off down the hall, dashing after him, pausing only to pick up a fan before shooting down the hall after him. "Zeke!"

She followed him out of the mansion, red hair flying out behind her. "Zeke, stop!"
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel

Ezekiel

PostSubject: Re: No longer a stray   No longer a stray - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 3:06 am

Zeke was enraged, his wolf form sprinting across the gardens at full speed.
His ears twitched in annoyance as he heard her coming after him.
He cursed inwardly, the girl could not understand that she needed to stay away, he needed her to stay away.

When he got like this it was too easy to lose control, too easy to snap.
He refused to let her see him like this, he was not a man trapped inside a beast. He was a beast trapped inside a man, and the rage could not be quelled so simply.

He snarled back at her, in warning and protest at her presence.
With in moments he had burst through the mansion gates and was heading deep into the forest, hoping to lose here amongst the trees.
Back to top Go down
Moe Leon

Moe Leon

PostSubject: Re: No longer a stray   No longer a stray - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 3:15 am

She sighed softly when he growled at her but followed anyway.

The girl weaved through the trees at a slower pace. She wasn't as agile in forests than out on open plains.

Even though he was out of sight she still followed. Her nose picked up on the scent he had left in his wake.

"Zeke, please," she called after him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No longer a stray   No longer a stray - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

No longer a stray
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next