Cacciatori di Sangue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cacciatori di Sangue

Welcome, dear Coven-Members, to our mansion~

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
**IMPORTANT** New thread rules: All new threads created should have the correct marking placed in its title. These are: [M] = Mature, [O] = Open for all, [F] = Full no more people, [I] = Invited Only and [C] = Closed. Please use them form now on Smile

[c] Coffee and Sketchbooks

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Richard

[c] Coffee and Sketchbooks - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [c] Coffee and Sketchbooks   [c] Coffee and Sketchbooks - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 1:26 am

He crouched down next to to Fleck to look closer at the statue. He was glad to see it in the flesh rather then on a small phone screen.

"It's breathtaking."

All the time and work Fleck poured into it truly showed.

He said silent for a moment in respect for Fleck's grandparents and for Fleck himself.
Back to top Go down
Giacinto Acardi
Admin
Giacinto Acardi

PostSubject: Re: [c] Coffee and Sketchbooks   [c] Coffee and Sketchbooks - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 1:31 am

"Nonno and nonna always fought like cat and dog. Nonna was a sly and fickle woman, and nonno was a steady, strong man. They clashed all the time, but they loved each other so much that just looking at them together made you believe in true love."

Fleck reached forwards to stroke his hand over the dog's head, as if he was petting him.

"I don't think I'll ever be able to sculpt something as perfect as this."
Back to top Go down
Richard

PostSubject: Re: [c] Coffee and Sketchbooks   [c] Coffee and Sketchbooks - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 1:40 am

Smiling softly he hummed as he listened to Fleck. His grandparents sounded like real characters. He wished that he could of met them, especially if they were important to Fleck.

"Do you believe in it then? True love?"

He warmed a little at his own question. It wasn't something you really asked on a first date.
Back to top Go down
Giacinto Acardi
Admin
Giacinto Acardi

PostSubject: Re: [c] Coffee and Sketchbooks   [c] Coffee and Sketchbooks - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 1:43 am

"True love? Yes. How can I not when I see it every day?"

He used to see it every time he saw his grandparents. He saw it every time his mother and father looked at each other.

He really did believe in true love.

"What about you?"
Back to top Go down
Richard

PostSubject: Re: [c] Coffee and Sketchbooks   [c] Coffee and Sketchbooks - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 2:34 am

He fiddled with the rings on his fingers and pondered on the question. For such a simple question it was a difficult one to answer.

"I'm... I'm not too sure. I have heard the word thrown about a lot and then never seen people stick by it or see it through to the end."

His thoughts went with his parents, where they ignored the outrage and objection over their marriage because of their true love, yet his father would sleep with his mistresses during their years of marriage. His thoughts also turned to Gia and her marriage with Ignicio and then to his own relationship with the man.

"Maybe I do - to an extent. I think the idea of what true love is is different for everyone."
Back to top Go down
Giacinto Acardi
Admin
Giacinto Acardi

PostSubject: Re: [c] Coffee and Sketchbooks   [c] Coffee and Sketchbooks - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 2:38 am

"I agree."

Fleck shifted his weight backwards so he was sat on the path, and leaned back, using his arms to keep him up.

"To some, true love is always being there to support them, whether they need it or not. To others, true love is being able to lay in bed at night and just enjoy each other's company. And to others, it's giving up the last bite of chocolate to see your partner smile."

True love could be anything to anyone, no matter how big or small that thing was.
Back to top Go down
Richard

PostSubject: Re: [c] Coffee and Sketchbooks   [c] Coffee and Sketchbooks - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 6:34 am

Even though it was uncomfortable Dick stayed kneeling. He didn't want to get his clothes dirty on the path - especially since he just washed and ironed them.

Dick turned his head way from the statue to look at Fleck.

"What's true love to you then?"

His stomach was twisting and twirling from the conversation. It was leaving him slightly giddy.

Back to top Go down
Giacinto Acardi
Admin
Giacinto Acardi

PostSubject: Re: [c] Coffee and Sketchbooks   [c] Coffee and Sketchbooks - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 6:39 am

"What's true love to me...?"

He clucked his tongue against the roof of his mouth and stared up at the cloudless sky as he thought.

"Being surprised with a cup of coffee while I'm in my studio. Being able to joke around with the entire family, like we were all meant to be together."

A smile curled his lips. "When the day is done, being able to curl up in bed with my partner and the cats and the skunk and feel like that's where my life is."

True love, to him, was appreciating the little things that would make him happy.
Back to top Go down
Richard

PostSubject: Re: [c] Coffee and Sketchbooks   [c] Coffee and Sketchbooks - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 7:11 am

Dick's lips curled at Fleck's description of love.

"That sounds lovely."

Little intrusive thoughts of himself making coffee found its way into his head. He was quick to mentally batter them away.

"For me, I think true love is fully embracing someone - there faults and all. Which is pretty difficult to do."
Back to top Go down
Giacinto Acardi
Admin
Giacinto Acardi

PostSubject: Re: [c] Coffee and Sketchbooks   [c] Coffee and Sketchbooks - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 7:18 am

"Well, maybe someday we'll find our coffee makers and flaws, huh?"

Fleck turned his attention to Dick. "Then we can celebrate true love, like a classic Disney movie." He grinned and began humming 'So This Is Love' as he pushed himself up to his feet.

"Let's go find something fun to do." He held his hand out for Dick.
Back to top Go down
Richard

PostSubject: Re: [c] Coffee and Sketchbooks   [c] Coffee and Sketchbooks - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 7:39 am

He copied Fleck grin. Hearing Fleck hum he instantly recognised the song. It was one of his favourite films.

He took Fleck's hand again and pulled himself up so he was standing again. Raising his arms high above his head he stretched his muscles and joints until he heard a satisfying click.

"What do you have in mind? It is getting late so most places will be closing in an hour or two."
Back to top Go down
Giacinto Acardi
Admin
Giacinto Acardi

PostSubject: Re: [c] Coffee and Sketchbooks   [c] Coffee and Sketchbooks - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 8:02 am

He didn't let go of Dick's hand and, when the man had stopped stretching, he span him around playfully.

"I don't know. Let's just... wander. I'm sure we'll find something. If nothing comes up, we can revisit that bar."

He grinned down at Dick as he began to lead him from the graveyard. He turned back over his shoulder and uttered a goodbye to his grandfather and grandmother.
Back to top Go down
Richard

PostSubject: Re: [c] Coffee and Sketchbooks   [c] Coffee and Sketchbooks - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 8:08 am

He was caught off guard by the spin, tripping and falling into Fleck's side in the most ungraceful manner. All the time he was laughing.

"Sounds good to me. Maybe was can grab a coffee to go."

He wrinkled his nose at the thought of revisiting the bar.

"I still don't think my stomach can manage that. Just the thought of it makes me queasy."
Back to top Go down
Giacinto Acardi
Admin
Giacinto Acardi

PostSubject: Re: [c] Coffee and Sketchbooks   [c] Coffee and Sketchbooks - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 8:33 am

Flck dropped his arm around Dick's shoulders when he stumbled against him. "Careful."

He didn't want Dick tripping over.

"Coffee: my one weakness." Well, chocolate coffee. Coffee didn't taste right unless it was mixed with chocolate.

Fleck laughed loudly. "We'll save your delicate stomach and find something else to do."
Back to top Go down
Richard

PostSubject: Re: [c] Coffee and Sketchbooks   [c] Coffee and Sketchbooks - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 8:41 am

Strong tea and coffee is what Dick lived off - apart from the obvious.

"Thank's. Maybe we could go to the beach? It will be pretty quiet this time of year but I prefer it that way anyway."

He hated the beach during the summer in daylight. He hated the kids kicking sand in his face, how hot the sun and the only way to cool off was to go in the see, and how crowded it was. The only times he went there is if he was dragged kicking and screaming.

"Although, that may be a little cliché?"
Back to top Go down
Giacinto Acardi
Admin
Giacinto Acardi

PostSubject: Re: [c] Coffee and Sketchbooks   [c] Coffee and Sketchbooks - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 8:45 am

"I'm an artist that suggested a date in a coffee shop. I honestly don't think cliché's are a problem."

Fleck could be a walking cliché at times.

"Coffee and a stroll down the beach mid-afternoon."
Back to top Go down
Richard

PostSubject: Re: [c] Coffee and Sketchbooks   [c] Coffee and Sketchbooks - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 8:52 am

His dimples showed on his face.

"Sounds perfect to me. I will let you choose the cafe this time. I need to know you have good taste in coffee." He joked.

Although, he truly did have a rough idea on which place sold the best and worst cafe in the city. He has tried the vast majority of the cafe's in Catania. His favourites were always family owned business, tucked away on a side street.
Back to top Go down
Giacinto Acardi
Admin
Giacinto Acardi

PostSubject: Re: [c] Coffee and Sketchbooks   [c] Coffee and Sketchbooks - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 8:56 am

"I know the perfect little place. It's not a coffee shop, but it does some really good coffee anyway."

Fleck about faced, and led Dick through the town.

They passed a gym, then he led Dick into a little bakery. Fleck was greeted with three women yelling at him in excited Italian when they saw him.

He laughed and greeted them back just as enthusiastically.

"You want an Americano again?" he asked Dick when the two of them were swept towards a table.
Back to top Go down
Richard

PostSubject: Re: [c] Coffee and Sketchbooks   [c] Coffee and Sketchbooks - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 9:06 am

Dick stood back awkwardly as Fleck greeted the three woman, a polite smile on his face.

"That will be great, thanks, but let me get this round."

He walked towards the group hand in his pocket to take out his wallet.
Back to top Go down
Giacinto Acardi
Admin
Giacinto Acardi

PostSubject: Re: [c] Coffee and Sketchbooks   [c] Coffee and Sketchbooks - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 9:19 am

All speech from now on is Italian

"Little Fleck want his usual?" the woman at the counter asked, gesturing towards the man that had settled himself at the table. She smiled at Fleck when their eyes met.

"And you, pretty boy?" she asked with a friendly smile. "What can I get for you?"
Back to top Go down
Richard

PostSubject: Re: [c] Coffee and Sketchbooks   [c] Coffee and Sketchbooks - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 9:23 am

His eyes brows drew together at what he was called. The smile on his face dropping. It would of been permanently gone if Fleck wasn't there.

"An americano, please. Can I get both of the drinks to take away?"
Back to top Go down
Giacinto Acardi
Admin
Giacinto Acardi

PostSubject: Re: [c] Coffee and Sketchbooks   [c] Coffee and Sketchbooks - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 9:28 am

"One Americano. One milky marocchino." She tutted the second one, shaking her head. "Does he want his cannoli?"

She nudged her sister, and ordered her to get onto making the coffees. Both muttered to each other about Fleck's ridiculous coffee habits.
Back to top Go down
Richard

PostSubject: Re: [c] Coffee and Sketchbooks   [c] Coffee and Sketchbooks - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 9:37 am

He looked over to Fleck with a questioning face. Did he want one or not? Remembering what they were talking about in the grave yard he decided that he wasn't going to wait for an answer.

"Sure."

He took a few steps to the counter to look at the cannoli on display.

"That one please, if you don't mind."

He pointed to the biggest and freshest one out of the batch.
Back to top Go down
Giacinto Acardi
Admin
Giacinto Acardi

PostSubject: Re: [c] Coffee and Sketchbooks   [c] Coffee and Sketchbooks - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 9:43 am

She scooped two cannoli into a bag and dropped Dick a wink. "An extra free. I can't help but love two cuties on a date. Especially cuties like my little Ian."

She rung up the coffees and the single treat.

"Fleck has been coming here since he was a little tot. You treat that boy right, pretty boy."

Her sister appeared behind her, then, to set the two take out cups on the counter besides the paper bag.

"You be good to our little Fleck, boy."
Back to top Go down
Richard

PostSubject: Re: [c] Coffee and Sketchbooks   [c] Coffee and Sketchbooks - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 9:59 am

He pinked.

"Thank you."

Ian? Did she mean Fleck?

"I promise, I will."

They were only on a first date - there may be nothing coming out of it - but he promised anyway. He would never want to hurt Fleck.

He really wished she wouldn't call him pretty boy though.

Nodding he thanked the sisters again.

He grabbed the bag and passed it too Fleck, not being able to look him in the eye, before grabbing the takeaway cups.

"Ready to go?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [c] Coffee and Sketchbooks   [c] Coffee and Sketchbooks - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

[c] Coffee and Sketchbooks
Page 3 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next