Cacciatori di Sangue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cacciatori di Sangue

Welcome, dear Coven-Members, to our mansion~

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
**IMPORTANT** New thread rules: All new threads created should have the correct marking placed in its title. These are: [M] = Mature, [O] = Open for all, [F] = Full no more people, [I] = Invited Only and [C] = Closed. Please use them form now on Smile

Too Much Salt?

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Sharifa Ibn-La'ahad

Sharifa Ibn-La'ahad

Too Much Salt? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Too Much Salt?   Too Much Salt? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 7:53 am

she smiled as she switched on the grill, tuning up the heat to it could preheat and then turned to preparing the chicken, making sure that Dick could see everything

yeah. pretty much. it's nice to make, and real filling as well. many would call it commoner food back when i was much younger. it was something the working family ate a lot of as it's so easy to make she explained as she threw in various herbs and spices into a bowl, and then turned to mincing the Garlic cloves a lot of this was stuff that was quite easy to get, the basic Shwarma, as arabians tend to be amazing hagglers. the wives get the cheap deals while the merchants still get a profit.

she snickered as she put the minced garlic in with the rest of the herbs and spices and mixed it together before the moving to the chicken

you know how to cut a chicken properly?
Back to top Go down
Richard

PostSubject: Re: Too Much Salt?   Too Much Salt? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 8:38 am

"I see." He looked in the contents in the bowl, and smiled slightly "I would hate to of seen there reaction to our commoner food." He then mulled over his own meals as a child. "Even the food I had as a child dose not seem that flavorsome compared to the food I see today, and that was food fit for my father."

He frowned and muttered: "I am sure I can cut a piece of chicken". He stepped closer to the chicken, then stopped to sigh. He once again took the rings off his fingers and placed them back safely on the counter. He then waited for further instructions.
Back to top Go down
Sharifa Ibn-La'ahad

Sharifa Ibn-La'ahad

PostSubject: Re: Too Much Salt?   Too Much Salt? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 9:00 am

she reached over to the knife block on the side, pulling out the appropriate knife and sharpened it briefly

first you take off the head and feet. simple enough. but this knife here is for filleting *picks up a meat cleaver* so we use this as it cuts through bones as well.

with that said, she suddenly raised the cleaver and brought it slamming down onto the bird's neck, cleanly cutting its head off. she pushed it to the side and then picked up the filliting knife

now, this part is a bit more grizzly. we have to take the feet off, but take the tendons out. the tendons aren't really all that nutritious and get stuck in your teeth. so we do this

she bound the bird's feet together tightly with strong cord, and then broke the joins so they were dislocated and flopped a little as she then made shallow incisions, just skin deep, so it would be easier to take the bird's feet off.

picking up the bird, she then walked over to a hook, and hung the chicken by the cord, between its feet.

this bit is fun

she chuckled quietly, and then gave a mighty tug, ripping the bird's feet, and the tendons came out cleanly, now hanging from the feet like white string stained with patches of red

she placed the bird on the chopping board and smirked

and there' your prepared chicken

she handed the filleting knife to Dick and smirked

so now you can fillet the meat off of the bone for me while i work on the sauce

Back to top Go down
Richard

PostSubject: Re: Too Much Salt?   Too Much Salt? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 9:38 am

He raised an eyebrow as she began to prepare the chicken - rather violently, he might add. He stayed silent, letting her get on with it, before dryly saying, as she tugged out the chickens feet and tendons:"I do know... Well, have seen a chicken and other animals get prepared for cooking before."

He blinked for a second as the fillet knife was handed to him. He took it carefully and turned to look at the chicken - or at least what was left of it. It was mearly meat now. He bit his lip and positioned the knife, then paused. He had very little idea on what to do. Blushing a little, he turned to Sharifa for guidance.
Back to top Go down
Sharifa Ibn-La'ahad

Sharifa Ibn-La'ahad

PostSubject: Re: Too Much Salt?   Too Much Salt? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 9:47 am

she smiled

right, first thing you do is actually gut the chicken. so cutting off the area just under the tail is a start, and then you reach in and rip everything inside, out. just discard that stuff. once that's done, you flip the bird on its back, and you make an insision down the middle, right down to the sternum of the bird. what you then do is carfully pry the meat off with your fingers. the meat usually only clings to the bone with sinews, so it will be easy to take off. make sure to cut away the skin as well. but put that to the side as i'll use that to make something later on. i love fried chicken skin. it's awesome *chuckles* after that, it's easy enough to cut off the wings and legs and we can grill those as well, but it's mainly the breast we want to grill for the Sharwama. but they can be used to make a light snack

she pointed out everything with her fingers and doing small gestures as she spoke, illustrating what to do for Dick, and was smiling warmly.

it was nice to do something normal instead of fighting demons or trying to calm frustrated and terrified Elders o bratty Fledglings
Back to top Go down
Richard

PostSubject: Re: Too Much Salt?   Too Much Salt? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 10:18 am

He pushed the sleeves back up his arm, as they had had slipped down, and he began to gut the chicken. He could not help but grimace a little at the sensation - not too sure of what to make of it. He began to take out the contents, placing them in what he assumed was the waste bag. Following the older vampires instructions, he turned the gutted chicken on its back and made an incision line, then peeled the skin off slowly - putting it to the side, as Sharisa said.
He bit his lip again, going over the instructions in his head, then slide the meat of the pried the meat of the bones, putting it in a small dish. Finally getting most of the meat of he cut the wings and legs off.

He took a moment to review what he just done, sure he probably took longer then it may of normally took, and it was not a perfect job, but at least it did not turn out a disaster.
Back to top Go down
Sharifa Ibn-La'ahad

Sharifa Ibn-La'ahad

PostSubject: Re: Too Much Salt?   Too Much Salt? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 10:52 am

Sharifa smiled wider, picking up the bit of meat

very good! quite neat for someone who's never done this before. now. we just slice the meat up like so. and then we just coat it in the spices

she swiftly cut the meat with expertise and then placed it in the spices, tossing it around so each piece was fully and evenly coated. once that was done, she placed it to the side to sit for a while before now pulling two clean bowls out. one to store the skin, legs and wings, and the other to prepare the sauce

she put the necessary ingrediants into the bowl, putting in yogurt, tahini, some lemon juice and a little bit more of the minced garlic, mixing it all together with a whist, explaining what she was doing as she went

Dick, could you be a darling and go get the pita bread from the bread-bin, and toast up two pieces, as well as slice some tomatoes while i get the chicken on the go?

she was now threading the meat onto skewers to grill them, and placed them on the grill. while they began cooking, she got rid of the wast stuffs and put the wings and legs on the grill as well to cook. that could be something to just dip into the sauce later
Back to top Go down
Richard

PostSubject: Re: Too Much Salt?   Too Much Salt? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 9:05 pm

As he washed his hand (once again, something about health and safety that he kept seeing everywhere), he watched Shrifa cut the chicken meat, store the leftovers, and make the sauce. He stayed silent as she did so, so not to disturb her. He shifted his weight, hands now dry, while he noted down little things in his head, like; how she cut the meat, and how she tossed the meat in the spices.

Reviving a new set of instructions he quickly began them quickly; sticking the pita bread in the toaster and grabbing a knife that may or may not be suitable for cutting tomatos. He was not to sure- but it was sharp and was barely the size of a table knife. He grabbed the bag full of tomatos and placed then net to the knife, then asked, as she began to cook the meat; "How many do you want?"
Back to top Go down
Sharifa Ibn-La'ahad

Sharifa Ibn-La'ahad

PostSubject: Re: Too Much Salt?   Too Much Salt? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 12:26 am

just chop up one relativly finely. not too fine though. i'm going to fry them later *grins*

she chuckled as she finished off the sauce, and now turned to check on the bread

ah, this is ready now. she mumbled to herself, and took it to the oven and turned it on, thankful she had preheated it when turning on the grill previous....even if she didn't register that she had.

once you've chopped the tomatoes, bring them here, and i'll show you the perfect way of frying them and making them taste awesome to go with the meat she called over her shoulder as she checked on the chicken an turned them over
Back to top Go down
Richard

PostSubject: Re: Too Much Salt?   Too Much Salt? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 5:28 am

Richard picked out the biggest rip tomato, and began cutting it up. At first, he was slow and steady, probably cutting them a little too finely. After cutting a few slices from it, he began to cut it more confidently - but not cockily. Getting to the end of the tomato, the tried to cut the last piece - only to have his hand slip a bit and sliced at his thumb.

He winced and automatically brought the thumb up to his mouth. There was only a little blood on the knife, it seemed. He grumbled and took the bleeding thumb out of his mouth and under some cool running water at the sink, waiting for it to heal up.
Back to top Go down
Sharifa Ibn-La'ahad

Sharifa Ibn-La'ahad

PostSubject: Re: Too Much Salt?   Too Much Salt? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 6:09 am

Sharifa heard Dick cut himself on the knife, and her nose twitched

she hadn't fed from blood for a while, but Altair told her not to so it wouldn't damage her further as it's a transaction of another's energies...and that would make her shatter in this state.

however, it didn't stop her eyes from going to a deep crimson, even if she had the control of a saint and managed to not show any more reaction than the colour of her eyes changing.

then again.....Dick better be careful and hope that cut heals soon as her control can only last so long before she snaps

you okay, hun? she asked as she went over to him, but not getting to close as the scent became stronger and was making her drool slightly. she swallowed a few times and did her very best at shutting off her sense of smell for a while
Back to top Go down
Richard

PostSubject: Re: Too Much Salt?   Too Much Salt? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 6:56 am

He removed the thumb from under the running water to inspect the cut. It was deep, but it did not feel as deep as it originally was. He guessed it will be healed up with a couple minutes.

He turned the tap of and looked at Sharifa, pushing the other thumb over the top of the sliced one to sub-due that bleeding. He raised an eyebrow at Sharifa's slightly odd behaver, and turned towards her.

"I could say the same to you." He took the the pressure of the cut to inspect it again. "I will be fine, I have had worst."
Back to top Go down
Sharifa Ibn-La'ahad

Sharifa Ibn-La'ahad

PostSubject: Re: Too Much Salt?   Too Much Salt? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 7:19 am

she swallowed again, closing her eyes and holding her breath so she won't smell anything

it's fine....i simply haven't fed in a long time, but i'm not allowed currently. hence the making of cooked food.

she waved her hand airly, but was a little annoyed at loosing breath, but she'd be fine

she then went back over to the spices to try and have something else to smell other than the blood, and her eyes turned instead to just a dark orange instead of crimson

once you're ready, bring the tomatoes and pita bread over please
Back to top Go down
Richard

PostSubject: Re: Too Much Salt?   Too Much Salt? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 9:36 am

"Ah, I see." He but pressure on the cut as it stitched itself back together. He looked a it, now looking like a new scab. He sighed. Cooking was deferentially not his strongest skill.

He walked over to the tomatoes, which were miraculously untouched by his blood. He picked the slices up, using a plate, and the knife; dumping the knife in the sink and placing the tomatoes next to Sharifa. He then fetched the pita bread, which was on the verge of starting to burn.
Back to top Go down
Sharifa Ibn-La'ahad

Sharifa Ibn-La'ahad

PostSubject: Re: Too Much Salt?   Too Much Salt? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 9:53 am

Sharifa snickered, glad that the pita hadn't quite burnt just yet, and checked in on the chicken,.

not long now

she then poured some oil into a frying pan with some oregano and a few other spices, frying the herbs a little before putting the tomatoes in

keep them moving, shaking the pan on occasion and then flipping the tomatoes over. you'll just know when they're done as they'd be quite soft, and the skins curl a little. once they're done you put them on the pit, like so

she spoke through everything as she cooked the tomatoes, and then placed them on the pita bread, arranging them before she made a final check on the chicken and deemed it ready.

she took it out, and pulled it off the skewers, placing them on the tomatoes and pita before pouring the sauce into smaller bowls, and using the exess to drip over the dishes

and there, m'dear, is my version of Chicken Shwarmar she said, gesturing to the two dishes. one for her, and one for him care to taste?
Back to top Go down
Richard

PostSubject: Re: Too Much Salt?   Too Much Salt? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 10:35 am

He gave he a little glare as she snickered at his almost burnt pita bread, and then stood back to watch her work. He registered what she said, despite the fact the information and tips she gave him earlier was now only a faint smudge in his brain.

He felt a sudden craving for the human food as the smell of the cooking intensifies and final served up. A small smile appeared on his face, and spoke a grateful "Sure, and thank you." He pulled the plate closest to him closer, then felt himself a little stumped. "So, how are we going to eat it, since I understand that different cultures eat differently."
Back to top Go down
Sharifa Ibn-La'ahad

Sharifa Ibn-La'ahad

PostSubject: Re: Too Much Salt?   Too Much Salt? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 10:41 am

Sharifa smiled

you can use your hands, or you can use cutlary. it's up to you m'dear. i, however, am very hungry and don't really care, so i'm going to eat with my hands she chuckled as she unwrapped the bandages around har hands and forearms, showing the gashes across her skin that still looked raw, but at least weren't bleeding.

she picked up the chicken, and dipped it in the sauce after tearing off some of the pita with tomatoes, and swiftly put it in her mouth

she hummed happily at the feel of human food, and how it tasted, as she leaned back against the counter, chuckling in enjoyment as she ate. it had been too long
Back to top Go down
Richard

PostSubject: Re: Too Much Salt?   Too Much Salt? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 11:38 am

He followed Sharifa's lead, having not used his own hands for eating in years.

He chewed a small on a smaller amount then what Sharifa gathered. The flavors mixed perfectly together, and he soon found himself dipping another bit of chicken in the sauce.

"I am not going to lie, but next time you cook, please inform me." He teared a bit of the pita bread. "This is really good."
Back to top Go down
Sharifa Ibn-La'ahad

Sharifa Ibn-La'ahad

PostSubject: Re: Too Much Salt?   Too Much Salt? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 9:24 pm

she smiled and chuckled after swallowing

no worries *chuckles* next time we have a party or whatever, i can cook *grins*

she could feel her strength coming back from eating something, and it felt good to have something in her stomach

putting her food down for the moment and wiping her hands on a cloth, she turned back to the oven to check on the bread, and grinned.

your bread is ready Dick *grins* and it's looking really good

she opened the over and took the baked bread out, placing it on the side to take it out of the tin

it smelt amazing and looked good to.

once it's cooled down, we can have some

she turned back to the grill and pulled out that last bits of chicken, the legs and wings, and put them on a dish to sit. once it had cooled down, she could make a chicken mayonnaise with spring onions and black pepper to have on the bread
Back to top Go down
Jason

Jason

PostSubject: Re: Too Much Salt?   Too Much Salt? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 2:37 am

"Don't you mean your bread? I was not much help." He told her light-heartily, wiping a bit of source away from the corner of his mouth with his completely healed thumb.

The bread deferentially smelt good. It was one of his favourite smells, having the homely quality to it. He tore off another bit of chicken, with the pita bread, as she began cooking again

He liked Sharifa, he decided... Not that he did not like he before, but he felt comfortable around her. When she was not teasing him, that is.

He looked at his own, alreadt starting to feel a bit full, not used to eating human food for a while, and how it fill you up. "I will only have a small bit, please."
Back to top Go down
Sharifa Ibn-La'ahad

Sharifa Ibn-La'ahad

PostSubject: Re: Too Much Salt?   Too Much Salt? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 2:54 am

Sharifa chuckled

perhaps. but you did most of the work in my eyes. you did the mixing and the kneading. i just simply showed you the right amounts. you did everything else

she took the cooked chicken off of the bone and chopped it up quickly before chucking it into a bowl and then added some mayonnaise, a bit of pepper, and some chopped spring onions into the bowl before mixing it up.

by this point, the bread had cooled and she pulled out a bread knife, cutting two slices and put some of the chicken mayonnaise on the bread after buttering it.

here. try this she said happily as she bit into her own slice while she offered the other to Dick
Back to top Go down
Richard

PostSubject: Re: Too Much Salt?   Too Much Salt? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 4:50 am

He pinked a little. "Without you, this would of been a disaster." He admitted, then took another bit full, half of his meal already eaten.

He took the slice off her, thanking her, then bit into it. Ignoring the other meal momentarily, in favour of eating the other while it was warm. Like the other, it tasted wonderful.

"You are an amazing cook, Sharia." He had to give her credit where it was due.
Back to top Go down
Sharifa Ibn-La'ahad

Sharifa Ibn-La'ahad

PostSubject: Re: Too Much Salt?   Too Much Salt? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 4:54 am

she chuckled quietly

though blood is nice, and it's something we need to have frequently, i don't think it sizes up right to food. there's just something about it. i think the fact that food can be solid and sits in the stomach is something i love about it. that and there's so many tastes and textures to it she chuckled quietly, licking some of the mayo off of her fingers and finishing her slice of bread before returning to her Shwarma also, i've been cooking for a long time to satisfy my love of food *Grins* that and my kids love it as well. they begged me to teach them how to cook when they were little, and my grandkids are the same. they're very curious about human food and the way they cook. i think it's wonderful to see a family cooking together personally. i'm a simple woman at heart

she smiled as she spoke about her family again, leaning back against the counter as she crossed her ankles and finished her food
Back to top Go down
Richard

PostSubject: Re: Too Much Salt?   Too Much Salt? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 5:26 am

He nibbled on his own slice as she spoke, soon finishing it of as she finished talking. He enjoyed listening to her talk about her home life. Finding it intriguing, listening to how other families worked.

He smiled a little, his own family life feeling like a faint mark in the back of his mind. "I was never taught to cook, for obvious reasons. Besides, the food we ate was not that all inspiring... Well it was better then what the rest of the country had, but still." He shrugged, and took another mouthful of the Shwarma and swallowed before talking. "And when I was turned, again I had no reason to learn how to cook. It was really just this century I made it my aim to start trying to cook"

He finished his meal, then inspected the kitchen. He sighed. he then began collecting the equipment used and stuck them in the sink to clean them up. He turned the hot water on looked around the kitchen again; inspecting what needs to be done. "Ah well, I was going clean the whole kitchen soon anyway."
Back to top Go down
Sharifa Ibn-La'ahad

Sharifa Ibn-La'ahad

PostSubject: Re: Too Much Salt?   Too Much Salt? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 5:31 am

Sharifa smiled a little sadly

i take it you weren't overly close with your family. i couldn't imagine being distant from mine.....it just seems so alien to me.

she blinked a few times

um...honey......there are numerous of, what Gia calls, Nameless Faces to clean up.....they do a lot of the cleaning up in the parts we aren't currently in.......it's only you that actually cleans up in this place, and normally only after Nico or Gia as they know you flip at it, m'dear.

she gathered some of the plate, finishing off her meal and put them in the water before gathering the excess ingredients and putting them away
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Too Much Salt?   Too Much Salt? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Too Much Salt?
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cacciatori di Sangue :: Inside Mansion :: Kitchen-
Jump to: