Cacciatori di Sangue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cacciatori di Sangue

Welcome, dear Coven-Members, to our mansion~

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
**IMPORTANT** New thread rules: All new threads created should have the correct marking placed in its title. These are: [M] = Mature, [O] = Open for all, [F] = Full no more people, [I] = Invited Only and [C] = Closed. Please use them form now on Smile

A tip for The Block

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lilim

Lilim

A tip for The Block Empty
PostSubject: A tip for The Block   A tip for The Block EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 2:53 am

We all get it. The cursed Block. You cant think of anything, you cant draw anything and we'll be damn if we can keep focused enough to carry out a full RP. Well here I am. Roxy is here again to bring you another swell RP tip.

"Narrate and Create"

Step one:
Read the other person post:
I mean REALLY read it. Top top bottom until you can memorize it. Read it well.

Create a post:
Create it well. If you want a RP to flow and you're the first poster you need to describe everything. Create the atmosphere, the setting, the sounds and sights. You start the post you pretty much own the post.

Step two:
Replying to a post:
This leads me back to READ. If you are the seconds poster feel free to add any thing they left out. You work with whatever the first person gave you and try to write equally as much. The first poster helps with the second poster and second with the third and so forth. You will all pretty much say the exact same thing, but how YOUR character is responding to the atmosphere.

~Now my lovelies that is pretty much all there is to it. But this tip isn't called "Narrate and Create" For no reason. What I means by Narrate is you have to imagine yourself as your character in this certain situation.

Lets practice: It was a cool winters night. The sun had already set leaving a cold dead sky. Snow plastered the ground at least two feet deep, leaving not a spot of ground in sight.

Short but to the point. Now imagine yourself or a character there. How would they react to the snow. What would they do. Narrate EVERY move they make, every breathe, every twitch.

~Another good way to get used to narrate is to Narrate your very life. Yes like for me right now its. "Im typing at my midnight black keyboard. Its letters are white. Dust gathers at the top of it from where i never touch, to the side as well. I am writing an article about how to help people get past writers block. I hope its useful. My finger slide gracefully as I tap every letter needed. I glance over to see a key missing, its the caps lock button. A button I mistakenly hit on times I didn't want to use it. Across the top of the keyboard little symbols glow bright orange. They're there for convenience. I must end my paragraph now. I have to finish writing this article."

Do this enough times and writing in a role-play will be a breeze so long as your imagination is vivid and you use great detail.

Thank you for reading ~Roxy
Back to top Go down
http://desolateroxy.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4hylvl

A tip for The Block
Page 1 of 1