Cacciatori di Sangue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cacciatori di Sangue

Welcome, dear Coven-Members, to our mansion~

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
**IMPORTANT** New thread rules: All new threads created should have the correct marking placed in its title. These are: [M] = Mature, [O] = Open for all, [F] = Full no more people, [I] = Invited Only and [C] = Closed. Please use them form now on Smile

Films/Games you wish you could make.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Neamo

Neamo

Films/Games you wish you could make. Empty
PostSubject: Films/Games you wish you could make.   Films/Games you wish you could make. EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 4:39 am

I thought I'd throw a post in here to pool idea's and share them. I have a lot of idea's, admittedly most wacky, and often I see films and games produced that, whilst having the potential to be great, lack the ambition or idea's that could have pushed them forward. While admittedly I'm not attempting to say I know better, I know that I can't be the only one who has these idea's, and I thought it'd be nice to share and discuss.

Astroboy : The movie;

I recently finished watching the animated version of this timeless classic and was appalled by the barbarism applied to this Frankenstein mash of sickly sweet sentiment and overplayed acting. While the original series and manga are always going to be classics in my heart, this film was an abortion and I believe I could do better.

The film I'd make, if allowed ever, is a live action retelling and slight alteration to the seen formula. The main actors I'd use would be;

Asa Butterfield : Astro
Anthony Hopkins : Professor Ochanomizu
Adrian Brody : Dr Tenma

And the plot wouldn't revolve around the constant mash up of Astro v- Anything else, nor would it be the revolting tale of recycling that made up the basis of the film.

Instead it would centre around a man falling into madness after losing his son in a car crash. Head of science and robotics in the new world order, Dr Tenma would attempt to rebuild his son in his image using preserved tissue from his sons damaged brain just after the crash. The resulting child would be Astro, although many failed test subjects using brain matter from the same harvested mind would be present in various stages of completion. While Astro would mechanically represent his son, the humanity in the machine would be almost entirely lost, driving him to hate and despise his son, eventually causing him to shut it down through disassembly. It would be several years before Astro would be discovered again by a fairly newly instated Professor Ochanomizu who would take over after the inevitable breakdown of Dr Tenma, a kindly man with motives toward saving a city that in itself is crumbling from corruption. Fascinated with the boy, who begins to show signs of development under his new tutor, Ochanomizu soon discovers he is more than just a machine, forming a bond with the child. Soon this world is thrown into turmoil however, as the rebellion of the lower classes in this utopian society fuelled by anger at their own 'squalor' and relative dystopia rise up, and in the untimely death of Ochanomizu, Astro is thrown into a world of ruin he neither understands nor tolerate.

There would be violence, gore, and ultimately Astro would be disassembled, with the crumbling of the happy world he had been brought into. There would be fights, in which Astro would have to struggle with the ideas of humanity as other 'sentient' machines programmed to eliminate the insurgency turn upon each other.

It would be shot in a form of futurism neo-noir.

Hopefully it's not just me who thinks about things like this... ^^;
Back to top Go down

Films/Games you wish you could make.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cacciatori di Sangue :: General-
Jump to: