Cacciatori di Sangue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cacciatori di Sangue

Welcome, dear Coven-Members, to our mansion~

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
**IMPORTANT** New thread rules: All new threads created should have the correct marking placed in its title. These are: [M] = Mature, [O] = Open for all, [F] = Full no more people, [I] = Invited Only and [C] = Closed. Please use them form now on Smile

Not Getting Better

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Avira Revenwyte

Avira Revenwyte

Not Getting Better Empty
PostSubject: Not Getting Better   Not Getting Better EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 7:56 am

Avira stared blankly out the window, watching the garden. Shanti was playing with what looked like a robin red breast. She was happy though, her long dark hair glittering in the fading sunlight. The sight made his spirits lift. A little.

Leaving had given him some answers but just not enough. He was still lost, and unsure and… Shattered inside. Sure, Shanti made things immensely better but not everything was about his lost family and by extension her.

He sighed, curling into a tight ball in the window seat.
Back to top Go down
Taylor 'Sparrow' Longwood

Not Getting Better Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not Getting Better   Not Getting Better EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 8:02 am

Taylor rubbed the back of her head as she walked into the Library, sighing heavily as she entered

today ahd been a long one....many hours of training and lapping the grounds a few times dragged on

especially since she didn't meet anyone to talk to

however, when she had walked a few steps into the library, she scneted out that someone else was there

a vampire

looking over at the window seat, she saw a male with white hair and eyes the same colour as hers

how odd.....the image was familiar in some way.....the white and the purple......it niggled the back of her mind, but she pushed the thoughts to the side for another time

right now, she concentrated on the fact the guy looked really down and confused

walking over to him completely silently, she looked out the window, standing next to him

hey. you okay? you look pretty lost she said, cutting straight to the point

she saw the kid playing outside and gave a small chuckle. from the way this one looked at her, she was important to him

her eyes then turned to the white haired vampire and quietly studied him

he smelled of blood in a way that she did...he was a bounty hunter...it was obvious in the way he held himself, the quiet vigilance and constant readiness and eyes that look like they've seen too much even for a vampire

the niggling in the back of her mind bugged her a little more but ignored it
Back to top Go down
Avira Revenwyte

Avira Revenwyte

Not Getting Better Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not Getting Better   Not Getting Better EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 8:07 am

Avira glanced up at the newcomer. Naturally he had felt her coming but…She wasn’t his concern. He looked away again once he had memorized her face, looking down at Shanti again.

“Perhaps I am. What concern of it is your’s.” he murmured softly.

It wasn’t said in a way that implied he was insulting her or degrading her, simply wondering why she was bothering with him. The white haired vampire gazed at his precious adopted sister, eyes sweeping the grounds for dangers.

Though he needn’t have worried. She was strong enough to handle things on her own.
Back to top Go down

Not Getting Better Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not Getting Better   Not Getting Better EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 8:11 am

Taylor lifted a shoulder in a shrug

i need a reason? she said simply

her tone was forefront and completely open

she was never one for hiding things

she'll admit, as she's matured a bit since entering CdS, she's found herself caring more for others...it's better to actually try with people instead of just blowing them off at the first signs of weakness

some people just need an extra push to get to know

is the girl related to you in any way? you're watching the area like a hawk. i can tell you now that nothing's out there to harm the child. i've just lapped the place a few times she said with an easy grin

he appeared to be as protective over the child, just from the way he looked at her, as she was over Moe, the Lycan Alpha's granddaughter
Back to top Go down
Avira Revenwyte

Avira Revenwyte

Not Getting Better Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not Getting Better   Not Getting Better EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 8:14 am

Avira felt his lips twitch into what would have been a sad smile, had it ever gotten past the simple twitch. It didn’t.

“She is my sister.” he murmured. “Not by blood but…my sister nonetheless.”

He looked away, down at his knees instead. He was barefoot and dressed in a loose shirt again. It was slipping off his shoulder. It was a good thing no particularly dominant vampires were around, otherwise he’d be having…troubles.

“And yes a…lot is wrong.” he said softly. “But you needn’t concern yourself.”
Back to top Go down

Not Getting Better Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not Getting Better   Not Getting Better EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 8:20 am

Taylor smiled at the other

this one had a hard time with showing emotion

i'm like that too. i have a sister, but not by blood. Moe Leon. she's a Hybrid and part of the Pack here. i treat her as my little sister. gaia help whoever tries to hurt her and her husband can't get to, because i'd be stepping in. she said with a slight laugh

she pulled up the shirt that was slipping off of his shoulder again but kept looking out of the window without a care

well, if a lot is wrong, then i'm sure having a outsider give their view may help a bit. it may not be my concern, but now i'm a bit involved now you said something was wrong she said with a small grin
Back to top Go down
Avira Revenwyte

Avira Revenwyte

Not Getting Better Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not Getting Better   Not Getting Better EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 8:25 am

Moe…? As in…Coilean’s Moe?

Oh PERFECT. Just what Avira needed. He dropped his head onto his knees, not even gracing that statement with an answer.

“If you are someone who Miss Moe knows, then you’re not an outsider at all.” he muttered, a tinge of sadness touching his voice.

He turned his head, after a moment, to stare back out at Shanti. He should have never brought her here… What was HE even doing still here? Sheer stubbornness was keeping him in this place.
Back to top Go down

Not Getting Better Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not Getting Better   Not Getting Better EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 8:30 am

Taylor arched and eyebrow, instantly hearing the tinge of sadness and the expression behind his eyes

this man didn't really seem to belong here

however...

she leaned over and sniffed him

she recognised the scent of a Lycan on him....similar to Aodh's.....nearly identical...the kind you got with twins.....Coilean?...the vampire recognised the name of Moe....so most likely

is there something sour between you and Coilean? now, i can udnerstand that to a degree. from what i know of him, he's a bit of a dick at times. she asked, looking, now, at the young vampire

i'm Taylor Longwood by the way. or Blue Sparrow. whatever you prefer. she said, a slight grin appearing on her features
Back to top Go down
Avira Revenwyte

Avira Revenwyte

Not Getting Better Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not Getting Better   Not Getting Better EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 1:17 am

Something sour? Avira had never paused to think. Perhaps there was and he was just refusing to see it. He didn’t know. It didn’t matter either way to be honest, the point was that he just wasn’t sure what to do or what was going on anymore.

Politeness won out over the desire to ignore the elf however.

“I am Avira.” he murmured. “Avira Revenwyte… or Naissance, whichever you prefer.”

The fear of being recognized as the last of the Naissance line was one of the few things he had, at the very least, been able to overcome. He didn’t care anymore, it was who he was and he had to get over it at some point.
Back to top Go down

Not Getting Better Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not Getting Better   Not Getting Better EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 8:31 am

Taylor almost choked at the name of 'Naissance'

as in.....the Naissance? The last of the bloodline?!

The Greatest Family of Bounty Hunters in current existance!?!

Holy Gaia Taylor suddenly felt small.

this man next to her had, most likely, every form of combat training under the sun, moon, and stars. probably advanced in every sort of weapon use, or some form of 'Magic' use.

she, however, managed to keep her expression the same.

she doubted the other wanted his status ailienated too much in any way...or he wouldn't have adopted a different name, as the 'Revenwyte' suggested.

i see. well.....in all my time as a Bounty Hunter, i never thought i'd come face to face with my biggest compitition at this kind of age...i would have at least expected to meet you once i'm an Elder. she chuckled lightly, rubbing the back of her head.

it was surreal...here she was trying to converse and make friendly with her biggest competition....the person she wanted to surpass as the Best
Back to top Go down
Avira Revenwyte

Avira Revenwyte

Not Getting Better Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not Getting Better   Not Getting Better EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 12:02 am

Oh joy, she had heard of his family. Avira brushed aside the deeply ingrained wish to run as far away as possible and instead held his ground. She was no human, and no hunter either. At the worst she'd go off telling some humans he was alive, but she wouldn't bring them down on the mansion. She lived here too.

Avira brushed his bangs back from his cheek, bemusement flashing in his pale eyes.

"I am just one person, miss, I am not much competition to be spoken of." he said simply. "Though I do suppose it is flattering to be thought of as such."

He glanced back out at Shanti, then looked away with a sigh. God his head hurt. Between Coilean and his own issues and a hundred other things Avira didn't want to deal with, he was getting a headache.

Heaven help his next bounty, he was going to MURDER them.
Back to top Go down

Not Getting Better Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not Getting Better   Not Getting Better EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 9:37 am

Taylor smiled a little and fiddles a bit with her hair.

"Avira, you are thought of quite highly in the Hunter world, in case you don't know. Many are doing everything they can to surpass your family's name and reputation. Being a soul survivor, not to seem rude or insensitive, must mean you have a large talent for surviving and also fighting. Many, if not all of us, can't do some of the things you're capable of." Taylor said, looking out at the grounds.

She glanced to the side at Avira and arched an eyebrow.

The man was restless and seeming agitated. Most likely highly stressed if his scent was anything to go by.

She twisted a lock of her hair some more as she thought.

"Perhaps...maybe, you might want to do something to calm yourself? You seem....agitated." Taylor asked, holding her hands behind her back as she went back to looking out at the skyline, eyes scanning the area.

She understood the restless feeling herself.

Taylor had been feeling restless and fidgety. She hadn't been able to sit still for long and would constantly be moving.

If by some miracle she was still for a while, she always had a buzz about her. Her heart rate would always be a couple beats faster than normal, and she was always seeming to be looking for something...something she didn't quite know just then.
Back to top Go down
Avira Revenwyte

Avira Revenwyte

Not Getting Better Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not Getting Better   Not Getting Better EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 11:56 am

Avira sighed softly.

"I suppose I am." he agreed quietly. "But not so much restless as..." he paused, then shook his head. "I apologize, my burdens should not be forced onto you."

He wasn't wearing Coilean's collar, hadn't, for the past week. Avira wasn't sure what to do. He'd never felt...Lonely, or isolated before. He had always been alright on his own.

But now, he just felt so alone and... It didn't feel good. Alone had always been okay. But now it just wasn't anymore.

"I...made some rash decisions." he said softly. "That I am now having to reap the consequences of."

Back to top Go down

Not Getting Better Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not Getting Better   Not Getting Better EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 11:55 am

"It's not really an amazing idea to keep things bottle up. I've found it hurts a lot more later on. Who knows *shrug* having a Stranger's unbiased view may help. I don't know you, so maybe I will be able to give better and clearer advice or whatever." Taylor said, raising her hands slightly as she shrugged.

Taylor was more than willing to lend her ear to listen if the Vampire wished to speak.

Because Taylor was a stranger, there's less emotional connection, and so should be easier to speak to.

As of late, Taylor was much easier to talk to now she wasn't so....raw.

Looking over at the vampire, she could read a sort of loneliness in his eyes...something she could barely see but instinctively knew was there. It was shown in his stance as well.

Many would think it neutral...hell, even Taylor would if she wasn't actively trying to read the other's emotions via scent more than anything.

But this one was hurting, and alone.

Taylor knew that feeling all to well, but decided to not comment unless the other wished to do so.
Back to top Go down
Avira Revenwyte

Avira Revenwyte

Not Getting Better Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not Getting Better   Not Getting Better EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 4:51 pm

Avira shifted in the window seat, getting comfortable once again. He paused in thought a moment, then sighed. Might as well. What was there to be lost at this point, really...?

So Avira spoke. He told her about how long he had been alone, and how many times the hunters had taken things away from him. (Not in detail, but the basics, so she got the idea.) He told her about Shanti and her family, and he told her about coming here, and how that had been a spur of the moment decision.

Then he told her about Coilean, and how he had just...jumped into things with him. So alone and loveless he was that he just leapt at the offer of something more than his usual wretched existence. He told her about Kae and Moe and his panic about families and... Everything. Not in details most often, but by the time he shut up, she had the basic idea.

"...When I say it all out loud, it's rather easy to call me a fool."
he murmured.
Back to top Go down

Not Getting Better Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not Getting Better   Not Getting Better EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 9:42 pm

Taylor gave a small smile.

"So you've been alone for a long time, yes? and after so much pain from your past. It shines through you a touch. It's only natural to swing two ways: either completely reject society and cut yourself off from everyone, or cling onto the first shine of hope of not being alone. I'm a little similar. I was always harsh to everyone except a select few, and it got me into a lot of trouble." she chuckled slightly, rubbing the back of her head. "Also, people come here to find refuge. I came here to take a break from fighting all of my enemies at once and to get some RnR. now i have a family with Moe and Zeke, and I'm comfortable here, despite everything that happened. This place gives you a chance to start over. Perhaps it was a quiet instinct to want to be with others that brought you here." She said, now turning to face Avira.

Taylor gave a small grin, flicking her hair out of her eyes.

"We're all in the same boat here. Everyone here has had a horrendous past that drives them here to try and deal with it and overcome what hurts us. Many still hurt, and probably will for a very long time, but this place allows you to deal...and maybe to help others *shrug*. I know I've had a lot of help here." She explained, gesturing out to the grounds.

It was easy to see that Taylor had been through her own hardships, the pain underlying her eyes, hidden by her determination, pride and ferocity. Her scars spoke of many battles, many nearly lost, but always coming out alive.

She used to isolate herself, especially after loosing someone, but this place had changed her a great deal.
Back to top Go down
Avira Revenwyte

Avira Revenwyte

Not Getting Better Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not Getting Better   Not Getting Better EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 9:49 pm

Avira sighed.

"I think I have simply exacerbated my problems more than reduced them." he murmured. "I feel as though I just went through a...shotgun wedding, I think they are called."

He grimaced. Human slang. Euck.

"It is most unpleasant and I am unsure what to do with myself. There is a reason I have kept others at bay, and this is exactly it."
Back to top Go down

Not Getting Better Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not Getting Better   Not Getting Better EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 10:03 pm

Taylor grimaced at the term 'Shoutgun Wedding'.

She used a lot of human terms sometimes, but that was a bit much..It insulted the Shotgun.

"Yeah. Probably not the wisest move." She agreed, nodding slightly. "However...believe it or not, you have a heart. More than just an organ, but your emotional side. Sometimes emotions will make us make bad decisions, or they can make us stronger or intensify a moment. Maybe listen to your heart a little....Do you fully regret being with Coilean, even for a while? Did you not make good memories together?"

She sat down on the baywindow next to Avi, but still keeping a respectable distance as she brought a knee up to her chest and hugged it, resting her chin on it.

"We all make mistakes. Some things are just out of our control and happen no matter what. You can't run away from life forever...but you can keep walking. Learn from the Past, enjoy the happy times, battle through the hard times, and be with someone through the sad times. As long as you Keep Walking and Never Stop, you'll be fine. 'Sides~ you have Shanti, yes? And now you have me. I'm more than willing to listen, Spar, or whatever should you need it. Come to me if you ever need anything, yeah?" Taylor said with a grin, violet eyes sparkling.

Taylor never spoke lies or held back. She was blunt, to the point and truthful to a fault.

Avira needn't worry about her words being false.
Back to top Go down
Avira Revenwyte

Avira Revenwyte

Not Getting Better Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not Getting Better   Not Getting Better EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 10:07 pm

Avira offered a tiny, almost unnoticeable smile.

"Thank you." he murmured. "It is an appreciated gesture."

He looked out the window again, thinking, then he spoke again. He seemed more relaxed now. At least a little bit.

"To be honest I am not sure what Coilean and I had. Or what is there now. Would I like something more? I do not know. He hid things from me that were, well, rather important. A daughter, a wife, for goodness sake I just...."

Avira sighed.

"I would like to be with him but whether or not that is an intelligent decision is another matter entirely."
Back to top Go down

Not Getting Better Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not Getting Better   Not Getting Better EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 12:09 am

Taylor nodded in understanding.

"If you want to be with him, then why don't you? I mean, sure it may seem stupid and stuff, but Love doesn't, and never will, make sense. Also, ever thought he may have hidden some things for a time because your relationship was happening so fast, and wasn't quite ready to tell you? I know I was like that with my own lover as well. That's just how most relationships tend to work." Taylor explained with a little wave.

However, she did understand that things weren't so simple. There was always complications.

"Sometimes, it's better to just follow your heart. if you don't use it, you loose it. Same with anything, like the mind, your muscles, anything. you don't use it, it withers away."

Taylor almost lost her own heart from lack of use as well...it was a dark time for her.
Back to top Go down
Avira Revenwyte

Avira Revenwyte

Not Getting Better Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not Getting Better   Not Getting Better EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 12:17 am

"I know," he murmured. "I was foolish to try to live without love or family... between Coilean and Shanti, I have come to see that. But at the same time I have to wonder, what else is he hiding? What else do I not know?"

He shook his head and sighed, sitting up slightly.

At that moment, Caterva and Ignis decided to make an appearance, leaping up on either side of him like bookends. They turned inquisitive eyes on the elf, their eyes burning with knowledge not normal in an animal. Comprehension, cognition.
Back to top Go down

Not Getting Better Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not Getting Better   Not Getting Better EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 12:37 am

The moment Taylor saw the cats appear, her shoulders went tense and she backed up slightly against the wall, eyes never leaving the pair of cats.

These ones unnerved her more. They had a strange intelligence in their eyes......not like most cats.

She felt her fingers twitch but calmed herself, taking silent deep breaths.

Nu-uh....Cats.....Still couldn't get on with them despite having gotten over a lot of things.

She schooled her features and turned back to look at Avira.

"everyone has secrets that we keep from each other. It's not a crime, really. Some have secrets to protect loved ones, or are simply not ready to tell people about it. I'm sure you have plenty of secrets from Coilean as well. There's nothing wrong with them." She said.

Damnit.....Those cats were watching her....It was making her really nervous.
Back to top Go down
Avira Revenwyte

Avira Revenwyte

Not Getting Better Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not Getting Better   Not Getting Better EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 12:41 am

Avira decided not to argue. Then he noticed how she was watching his cats. Quirking an inquisitive eyebrow at the woman, he nudged Caterva it his knuckles.

"They are...vampiric." he said. "I turned them recently. They are... They have been my only companions so long I could not bare to go without them. Besides, having familiars is nice."
Back to top Go down

Not Getting Better Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not Getting Better   Not Getting Better EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 12:55 am

"............." Taylor went a touch pale.

Vampiric Cat familiars.

She felt something die inside......

Clearing her throat, she calmed herself some more and did her best to relax.

"I'm glad you have at least someone to be with. If you were completely alone all the time, I'd start worrying about your mental health." she managed to speak, just, but her eyes were still glued to the cats.

Calm down Taylor....they're just cats....granted, Vampiric cat familiars, but still only cats. They won't do anything more than a few scratches and a bite, if that. not nearly bite you in half like.....well, yeah. she murmured in her head.

She was trying to psyche herself up to not be so nervous around the cats.

just a vampiric version of Moe's kitten is all.
Back to top Go down
Avira Revenwyte

Avira Revenwyte

Not Getting Better Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not Getting Better   Not Getting Better EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 12:58 am

Caterva's one eye twinkled with malicious mirth and Avira rolled his eyes, swatting the cat's head.

"They will not attack." he said. "Ignis is quite sweet I assure you. If you'd like to pet her, she'd be more than happy to let you."

He tucked a stray lock of hair behind his ear.

"Shanti is immortal as well, did you know?" he said.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Not Getting Better Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not Getting Better   Not Getting Better Empty

Back to top Go down

Not Getting Better
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cacciatori di Sangue :: Inside Mansion :: Library-
Jump to: